Pattern - Reindeer, Penguin & Polar bear Ornaments
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Use circle patterns provided or punch circles from cardstock as follows: 1-3/4" light blue; 1-1/2" tan; two 7/8" white; two 5/8" light blue and six 5/8" red; four 3/8" black and two 3/8" white; two 1/8" black. Set aside.
- 2. Turn cups upside down so bottom is at top of ornament. Make small hole in center of each top using nail (for hanger).
- 3. For each ornament, cut one 28" length of cord. Fold cord in half and knot 4" from center to create loop. Thread loose cord ends through hole in cup from outside to inside. Tie knot inside cup to secure.
- 4. Add dot of glue to outside top knot. Thread looped cord through one pony bead and slide down onto glued knot. Tie bell on each loose end of cord, varying cord length slightly as shown. Knot to secure, trimming excess.
- 5. For reindeer, cut chenille stem into one 6" and two 3" lengths. Wrap one 3" length around 6" length about 1½" from each end to form antlers. Adhere center section of antlers to cup, tucking against bottom of brown cup. Assemble ear and eye layers, using circles punched in Step 1. Adhere cardstock features to face as shown, followed by red pom-pom nose.
- 6. For penguin, adhere white body to black cup. Adhere cardstock features to face as shown.
- 7. For bear, assemble ear pieces as shown. Draw line down center of large blue circle (muzzle) using marker. Adhere cardstock features to face as shown, followed by black pom-pom nose.
- 8. Tie three ribbon bows; adhere to cups.