Pinwheel Bunny Jar
size: 13" tall
Pinwheel Bunny Jar
- STAEDTLER FIMO Effect Clay: Yellow, Purple, Peach
- Canning jar with metal lid
- Fabric scraps: burlap, canvas
- White cardstock
- Natural twine
- Pastel green seed beads, four
- Candy: Wonka Pixy Stix Candy, four straws; desired jar filler
- STAEDTLER: Karat Watercolor Crayons, Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils
- Stamps: Hero Arts Canvas Stripes, Cling Dots; Prickley Pear Bunny with Daisy
- Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
- White acrylic paint
- Pierced earring backs, four
- Water-barrel brush
- Small, water-filled spray bottle
- Clay roller, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven, soda bottle cap
- Adhesives: liquid glue, foam dots, Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- scissors, ruler, pencil, sponges, heat tool, straight pins, paper plate, paintbrushes, paper towels, non-stick craft mat, newspaper (to cover work surface), wire cutters, gloves, safety goggles
- 1. Cut four 6-1/2"x6-1/2" squares from canvas. Pull loose strings to fray edges. Paint both sides of each square white; let dry.
- 2. Remove wrappers from yellow, blue, pink, green, and orange watercolor crayons. Spritz water onto craft mat. Lay crayon flat on surface and rub crayon into water to create pool of color.
- 3. Press stripes stamp into desired watercolor and stamp one side of each square, varying colors; let dry. Repeat with dots on opposite sides of squares; let dry.
- 4. Fold canvas square in half from corner to corner; repeat in opposite direction. Cut slits along fold lines three-quarters of way from corner to center, as indicated by black lines on colored square. See Photo 1. Use pin to poke small hole at center.
- 5. Fold first corner to center and pierce with pin. Repeat with remaining corners, piercing each tip where it overlaps center.
- 6. Put on gloves and safety goggles. Place seed bead onto straight pin, overlap all holes, and insert pin. Insert pin through top of candy straw. Push earring back onto pin to secure layers; trim excess with wire cutters. See Photo 2.
- 1. Cut canvas to width and length to wrap jar. Cut burlap to same length and 1/2" wider than canvas. Paint canvas white; let dry.
- 2. Touch water-barrel brush to desired watercolor crayon and apply stripe down length of canvas. Repeat with additional colors, gently blending edges; let dry.
- 3. Using Scor-Tape, adhere burlap around jar. Adhere canvas to burlap using liquid glue; let dry.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to roll out clay. Using bottle cap, cut out three circles for buttons. Poke two holes into each button using paintbrush handle. Bake and cool as indicated. Coat buttons with Glossy Accents; let dry.
- 5. Tie two twine lengths around jar, tying bows at front. Thread two buttons with twine, knotting ends at back. Adhere buttons over bows using liquid glue; let dry.
- 6. Paint jar lid white; let dry. Use water-barrel brush to apply yellow and orange watercolor crayon to lid; let dry. Place lid on jar and tie with twine, adding last button before tying bow.
- 7. Stamp black bunny image onto cardstock. Color image using watercolor pencils and water-barrel brush; let dry. Detail cut bunny and flower; adhere images to jar using foam dots.
- 8. Fill jar with candy; insert pinwheels.
- 1. Color 4"x4" canvas square, add the bunny and buttons, and adhere to 5"x5" card for matching greeting.