Paper Quilled Jar & Vase
sizes: jar, 5"; vase, 4-1/4"
Paper Quilled Jar & Vase
- Glass items: jar with lid, 5”; vase, 4-1/4”
- Whimsiquills Quilling Paper, 1/8”: Pink Pearl, Rose Pearl
- Michael’s Recollections Adhesive Faux Pearls and Rhinestone Hearts
- Whimsiquills: Slotted Quilling Tool, Quilling Tweezers
- DecoArt Americana White 3-D Frost Gloss Enamels
- Thick white glue
- small scissors, ruler, toothpicks, glass cleaner, sponge scrap, soft cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Clean jar, lid, and vase using glass cleaner and soft cloth. Dry thoroughly. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to dab White enamel paint onto jar and lid. Let dry.
- 2. Use 3" strips of paper to make hearts and teardrop shapes. Use 28 strips of Pink Pearl quilling paper for frosted jar and seven strips of Pink Pearl for vase. Use eight strips of Rose Pearl quilling paper for vase. Use quilling tool to quill all shapes. Use quilling tool to roll 14 teardrop shapes for frosted jar. Use toothpick to apply glue to ends to hold in place while using fingers to pinch teardrop shape. Set aside. Fold other 14 strips in half; roll each end inward about seven wraps around quilling tool to make heart shapes. Apply tiny dot of glue between rolls to hold heart shape. Set aside to dry.
- 3. Cut strip of pink paper to fit around top of jar lid, jar rim, and base. Spot glue strips; adhere to jar. Spot glue edges of each heart and teardrop; adhere to lid, alternating shapes. Adhere six hearts and six teardrops to lid and eight hearts and eight teardrops around jar. Let dry.
- 4. Press large and medium pearls under jar teardrops. Press small pearls to points on all hearts and smaller ones between hearts on lid and to top of hearts on jar. Spot glue if needed using toothpick to apply glue.
- 5. Adhere strip of Rose Pearl paper around top of vase. Cut one strip of Rose Pearl paper to 5" length; fold in half. Adhere 1/2" up from inside fold; press together forming stem. Use fingers to roll curve on both ends making two curved stems in opposite directions. Cut left stem just slightly smaller than right. Apply glue to underside of each stem. Carefully press onto side of vase. Cut 1-1/2" strip for third stem on right; curve and adhere in place.
- 6. Adhere medium pearl to end of each stem. Roll seven Pink Pearl and eight Rose Pearl teardrops. Adhere three pink teardrops to longest stem, two pink teardrops to right stem, and two pink teardrops to left stem. Adhere two rose teardrops to longest stem and three rose teardrops to left and right stems.
- 7. Apply tiny curls of adhesive pearls to sides of stems. Adhere five rhinestone hearts to vase as shown.
- 1. Use tweezers to hold quilled pieces in one hand when applying glue and positioning on jar or vase.