Personal Cutter & Die: Holly & Berries (#38-0244) (Sizzix)
Large eye needle
3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
1. Use Distress Inks applied to stamp with cut pieces of Cut ‘n Dry to stamp Santa image on off-white cardstock; trim rectangle around image. Mat on green metallic cardstock, leaving 1/2" border.
2. Use paper-piercing tool to poke holes every 1/4", spaced evenly, around edge of off-white stamped rectangle. Use six strands embroidery floss to backstitch around image.
3. Use piece of Cut ‘n Dry to apply Antique Linen Distress Ink™ to stamped image and to lace.
4. Starting and finishing at top center, glue lace along back edge of metallic green rectangle. Glue decorative trim along top inside edge of metallic green rectangle. Glue baby rickrack between lace and decorative trim, along edge of paper.
5. Punch hole in top center of ornament; thread 9" ribbon length through hole, knotting at back, for hanger.
6. Thread bells onto short wire length; push ends through hole and twist at back. Use die cut to cut four holly leaves from green metallic card stock; crease lengthwise down center. Glue two holly leaves to each side of hole.
7. Tie ribbon bow; adhere over hole, above bells.
1. Make the ornament two-sided by stamping the same image in a different color on the other side. Or simply finish the back with decorative paper or fabric.
2. For variations, scan images from books, cards, or old postcards.
1. Use same Santa stamp to make personalized holiday greeting cards.