Heart Art Shadow Box
Heart Art Shadow Box
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology: Configurations Box, 6-3/4”x8-3/4”; Findings Collection Box Corners, Corked Vials, Corners, Foliage, Foundations, Pen Nibs; Paperie Collection Sketchbook Tissue Tape
- Cardstock: red, black
- Authentique Paper Renew Collection Papers: Flourish, Foundation Two
- Darice Paper-Mâché Puffy Heart, 5-1/2”
- Momenta Black Metal Stickers: Sparrows, Keys
- Tibetan silver pendant charms: birdcage, winged heart
- Paper flowers: black, tan
- Black feathers
- Aluminum foil
- Sizzix: Big Shot Die-Cutting System, Extended Spacer Plate, 13” Cutting Pads; Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Diamond Plate & Riveted Metal Embossing Folders 2-pk, Bigz Weathered Clock Die, Sizzlits Stacked Artful Words Decorative Strip Die
- Ranger Tim Holtz Inks: Adirondack Alcohol Inks Lettuce, Red Pepper; Distress Inks Pumice Stone, Black Soot
- Black glitter
- Adhesives: paper glue, clear dots, glue gun and sticks
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, round paintbrush, sponge dauber, paper towels, paper piercer, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Using photo as guide, arrange Configurations box to fit heart. Using paper glue, cover outside of large box with text paper. Line inside of small boxes with text paper. Use glue gun to adhere small boxes into large box. Cover remaining box interior with grid paper.
- 2. Cover all box edges with tissue tape.
- 3. Place metal corners on top front of box; pierce holes and insert brads to secure. Use glue gun to adhere metal feet to bottom of box.
- 4. Cut aluminum foil to 4-1/2"x5-3/4" and emboss with Riveted Metal texture. Using paper glue, adhere foil around puffy heart, shaping with fingers. Repeat until heart is covered. Sponge raised texture with Pumice Stone ink; wipe away excess with paper towel. Use glue gun to adhere heart into box.
- 5. Die cut Stacked Artful Words from red and black cardstock. Trim and adhere black "ART" to top edge of box using clear dots. Sponge red "enjoy" with Black Soot ink; adhere to heart. Sponge red numbers with Black Soot ink; offset and layer red numbers on black numbers and adhere across center of box.
- 6. Die cut Weathered Clock from black cardstock; trim and adhere pieces into small boxes.
- 7. Using photo as guide, adhere feathers and paper flowers inside small boxes and to heart. Adhere birdcage between small boxes and metal key sticker inside box on right. Adhere pen nibs to heart. Fill two corked vials with black glitter; adhere inside box on right using clear dots.
- 8. Use paintbrush to apply Lettuce alcohol ink to two leaf pieces, and Red Pepper alcohol ink to two flowers, metal bird sticker, and winged heart charm. Let dry. Assemble metal flowers and leaves using brads. Adhere metal pieces to heart and box as shown.
- 1. Customize metal embellishments using alcohol inks.