GNI: Tea Bag Invitation
size: 5"x 7"
Tea Bag Invitation
- Cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”: lime; purple; white
- Vellum, 8-1/2”x11”
- White envelope, 5”x7”
- String, 4” length
- Leaf punch, 1/2”
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Glue stick
- Paper trimmer
- Optional: Computer and printer
- 1. Print the invitation details on white cardstock in a 3-1/2"x3-1/2" area; trim. (Note: Remember to ask your guests to bring a pretty cigar box.)
- 2. Cut a 5"x7" rectangle from the lime cardstock, and a 4-1/2"x6" rectangle from the purple cardstock. Glue the purple rectangle to the center of the lime rectangle.
- 3. Glue the invitation details to the right side of the purple and lime background.
- 4. Punch five leaves from the leftover lime paper and five leaves from the leftover purple paper to represent herbs. Hot-glue the leaves to the white teabag shape (towards the bottom). Hot glue the vellum tea-bag shape on top.
- 5. Cut a 1-3/4" square from the leftover lime paper. Staple one end of the string to the top of the little lime square, and the opposite end to the top of the tea bag. Write "Girls' Night In" on the little lime square.
- 6. Glue the tea bag to the purple and lime background at a jaunty angle in the area left of the text. Glue the little lime square to the invitation overlapping the edge of the text block. Place the invitation in the white envelope and write "Hand Cancel" on the front of the envelope.
- 1. Check out: GNI Relaxing Herbal Tub Tea & Recipe and GNI Recipes on our website.