College Survival Kit
College Survival Kit
- Bandage tin (Provo Craft); coffee tin drink mix; bottles of water; single serving dry drink mix; meal bars; blister-packed gum
- Prismatics Cardstock (Prism Papers): White; Razzleberry; Desert Coral Light; Iced Kiwi; Suede Brown Dark; Spring Willow Light; Frosted Orange
- Rubber stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Silhouette Blooms I & II; Baked with Love set; Ledger Me set; Dotted Diamond Backgrounder
- Fluid Chalk ink pads (Clearsnap): Creamy Brown; Dark Brown; Warm Red; Chestnut Roan; Blush Rose
- Antique Bronze Paper Fasteners (Creative Impressions)
- Grosgrain ribbon: cream; brown
- Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders): Scalloped Oval; Classic Oval; Scalloped Square; Classic Square
- Wizard Embossing and Die Cutting System (Spellbinders)
- Tan Embossing Mat (Spellbinders)
- Corner Rounder (EK Success)
- Paper piercing tool
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Foam mounting tape
- 1. Use oval, rectangle, and square templates and scallop-edge scissors instead of die cutting machine if desired.
- Water Bottles
- 1. For bottle wrap, cut 1-3/4"x8-1/2" strip from Desert Coral Lt. cardstock. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp Silhouette Blooms I repeatedly. Mat onto 2-1/8"x8-1/2" Razzleberry cardstock strip. Wrap and adhere strip around water bottle.
- 2. For tag, die cut scalloped oval tag from Iced Kiwi and classic oval from White cardstock. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp same Silhouette Blooms I flower onto white tag. Use Blush Rose ink to stamp "Enjoy" on tag. Sponge tag edges with Warm Red ink. Adhere white tag to Iced Kiwi tag. Poke hole in tag; attach brad. Poke hole in top of drink mix packet, attach brad, then attach brad to ribbon. Tie ribbon around water bottle neck.
- Bandage Tin
- 1. Cut 3"x8-1/3" strip from Perfect Baby Pink cardstock. Use Blush Rose ink to stamp Trio of Flowers from Silhouette Blooms II as shown. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp a different bloom, stamped off once before stamping onto cardstock for a shadowy look. Use Chestnut Roan ink to stamp "For You". Mat strip onto 3-1/4"x8-1/2" strip. Wrap brown ribbon around middle of strip; knot and trim ends. Wrap matted strip around tin and adhere in back. Tie polka dot ribbon around edge of lid.
- Coffee Drink Mix Tin
- 1. Cut two 2-1/2"x6-1/2" strips from White cardstock. Use Chestnut Roan ink to stamp strips with Dotted Diamonds Backgrounder. Wrap one strip from back to front and remaining strip from front to back to overlap first strip. Tie lt. green silk ribbon around tin; knot and trim ends. Tie small brown grosgrain ribbon length around green knot.
- 2. Die cut scalloped square from Spring Willow Light cardstock. Die cut classic square from white cardstock, then run it though die cut machine again using embossing mat. Use Blush Rose ink to stamp Bloom from Silhouette Blooms II set twice without re-inking for a shadowy image the second time. Use Dark Brown ink to stamp "Coffee Lover. Adhere white square to green square, then use foam tape to adhere to front of coffee tin.
- Blister-Packed Gum
- 1. Cut 3-7/8"x6" strip from Spring Willow Lt. Use Chestnut Roan ink to stamp Dotted Diamond Background on strip. Score at 1-1/2", 1-7/8", 3-7/8" and 4-1/4". Use 1" circle punch to punch half moon shaped notch from top right edge of middle section. Tie brown grosgrain ribbon around bottom of middle section.
- 2. Die cut scalloped square from Razzleberry and classic square from white cardstock. Use Blush Rose ink to stamp Bloom from Silhouette Blooms II. Stamp twice without re-inking between. Use Dark Brown ink to stamp "Enjoy". Mat white square onto Razzleberry square and poke two holes in bottom right corner. Attach two brads to holes and adhere square to left side of middle section. Wrap entire strip around blister pack of gum, gluing ends in back.
- Meal Bar
- 1. Cut 4-3/8"x6-1/2" strip from Suede Brown Dark cardstock. Use Frost White ink to stamp Diamonds Backgrounder on strip. Tie cream grosgrain ribbon around strip and wrap it around meal bar, adhering ends in back. Die cut scalloped circle from Desert Coral Light cardstock; paper pierce each scallop.
- 2. Die cut classic circle from White cardstock. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp bloom from Silhouette Blooms I, and Dark Brown ink to stamp "Yummy stuff ". Use Warm Red ink to sponge edges, then mat onto Desert Coral Light scalloped circle. Use foam tape to adhere tag to meal bar.