1. Apply glue on one side of the slide mount and glue to the back of the paper, then trim the paper even with the sides.
2. Use a craft knife and ruler, if needed to cut an "X" in the center. It's easiest if you do this patterned paper side down. Be careful not to cut your slide mount. (For circular slide mounts, use the knife to cut around the inside of the circle.)
3. After you cut the "X", pull the triangles to the back of the slide mount and glue to the sides of the slide mount. Trim the excess paper from the edges of the slide mount.
4. Turn the slide mount over and use as desired.
1. Glue ivory textured paper to back of covered slide. With red and green side facing up, hold Christmas Tree Brad Dress-Up to center of paper and insert star brad and red circle brads. Secure at back of slide mount.
2. Computer journal "Christmas Firsts" and cut into small rectangle with rounded corners. Punch 1/16" hole in top and thread with floss. Knot and hang from tree as shown. Glue tag to secure. Knot 4" ribbon length, trim tails at an angle, and use Glue Dot to adhere to cover. Punch two 1/8"-wide holes, 1-1/2" apart, on left side of cover for binding.
1. Glue photo to back of each remaining covered slide mount so they show through slide opening. Place slides together, back to back, as they will appear in book, and punch binding holes on correct side. Punch 1/16" holes for brads on opposite side of slide. Insert brads and glue cutouts to slide. Hang computer journaled tags from additional brads, then glue slides back to back, with binding holes aligned.
2. Place white silk flower on scrap paper and stamp on it with red ink. Use Glue Dot to adhere flower to top of page and glue threaded buttons to flower and page.
1. Glue red and green color block paper to back of last slide after it is decorated, so brad prongs will not show through. Trim paper even with slide edges; ink edges.
2. Hold pages together in order. Cut 5" red grosgrain and sheer ribbon lengths. Hold ribbon ends together and thread through binding holes. Place pencil vertically between book edge and ribbon, then knot ribbon ends to give slack for turning book pages. Repeat for second hole. Trim tails to 1" long.