Chic Gift Wrap - Washi Tape Stripe
Washi Tape Stripe
- Newsprint (or white butcher paper)
- Washi tape, 2-3 rolls: red, green, gray polka dot (or any combination of your choice)
- White cardstock
- Craft punches: circle, 2”; scalloped circle, 2-1/2”
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Wrap gift in newsprint or white butcher paper. Cut strips of red washi tape long enough to wrap around parcel horizontally. Adhere tape segments across package front, evenly spacing across top two sections of package.
- 2. Cut one strip of polka dot washi tape to same length as in Step 1. Wrap horizontally below red striped section of package.
- 3. Cut one strip of green washi tape to same length as in Step 1. Wrap around package horizontally, adhering to polka dot strip.
- 4. Cut strips of green washi tape; adhere diagonally across bottom of package. Trim ends of tape neatly at center band and at back of package. Continue until bottom section is covered.
- 5. Wrap string around gift three times at polka dot strip; knot ends on back.
- 6. Cover 3" square section of cardstock with green washi tape. Punch scalloped circle from taped area. Punch plain circle from white cardstock. Adhere circles together to form tag. Write name on tag and tuck into strings.