Chic Gift Wrap - Twigs & Stars
Twigs & Stars
- Newsprint (or white butcher paper)
- Corrugated cardboard strip, 1-1/2”-wide, long enough to wrap around package
- Red cardstock
- Fine gold wire
- Gold mesh ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Gold foil
- Craft punches: circle, 1/4”, 2”; tiny star
- Gold acrylic paint
- Adhesives: Ranger Glossy Accents Clear Dimensional Medium; clear tape; masking tape, 1/2”-wide; double-sided tape (optional)
- scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, needle
- 1. Wrap gift in newsprint or white butcher paper. Cut 3" wide strip of red paper long enough to wrap around parcel. Tape strips together using double-sided tape. Hand tear along one long edge of strip. Wrap around package and adhere.
- 2. Wrap masking tape around each twig at intervals. Paint uncovered portion with gold paint; set aside to dry.
- 3. Punch two holes, one upper and one lower, near middle of cardboard strip for each twig. If necessary, punch overlapping holes to make one larger hole for larger twigs.
- 4. Punch small stars from foil. (Note: If using single-sided foil, fold sheet in half with foil sides out and adhere with double-sided tape.) Make tiny hole in each star using needle and slide star onto either end of 5" length of wire. Twist wire to secure star near end. Repeat to make as many wires as needed.
- 5. When twigs are dry, remove and discard masking tape. Wrap wire around twigs as shown, leaving star ends free. Secure wire with dab of dimensional medium on back if desired. Insert twigs through punched holes in cardboard strip. Wrap strip around package; tape in place.
- 6. Wrap gold ribbon around package twice, securing in back with knot.
- 7. Punch circle tag from cardstock. Punch star from tag. Write recipient's name on tag; tuck behind ribbon.