Birthday Gift Box
Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)
Create a one-of-a-kind gift box with dimensional florals for friends and family.
Birthday Gift Box
- Heartfelt Creations Floral Key Paper Collection (HCDP 1238)
- White cardstock
- Kaisercraft Pearl Brads
- Pearl bead strand
- Die-cutting system
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Floral Keys & Locket (HCPC 3572), Keys and Roses (HCPC 3571), Burnished Key (HCPC 3569), Tattered Blossoms (HCPC 3468), Bella Rose Leaves (HCPC 3390)
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Burnished Key (HCD 741), Gift Ensemble (HCD 735), Tattered Blossoms (HCD 722), Bella Rose (HCD 712); Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 Die (393386)
- Ink pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Luxe Espresso Truffle; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
- Ranger Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distress Stain
- Prismacolor Pencils: Dark Brown, Dark Umber, Olive Green, Spring Green, Silver, Chartreuse
- Acrylic block
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, hot glue and sticks, foam dot
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- 1. Size is 3-1/2"x3-1/8".
- Birthday Gift Box
- 1. Using Gift Ensemble Die, die cut four box sides from Floral Key Collection paper. Fold on score lines and apply adhesive to wrong side of one decorative border; align and adhere to wrong side of decorative border on another box side die cut. Continue adhering borders together in same way until box shape is formed. Fold and interlock box flaps to create box shape.
- 2. Using Espresso Truffle ink, stamp following images onto white cardstock, leaving space between key/floral images to accommodate label die: entire Burnished Key image, three Keys and Roses images (one of Dream Key, two of Two Keys), one Floral Keys & Locket Love Lock image (not shown in photo).
- 3. Color stamped images with Prismacolor pencils as desired.
- 4. Die cut four key/floral images using #5 Labels Four die. Before removing die template, sponge inside edges with Brushed Corduroy and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks to create stencil effect. Adhere labels to box sides as shown, placing Two Keys images on two opposite sides of box.
- 5. Die cut Burnished Key image using coordinating Burnished Key die. Select large Dream key and color as desired. Adhere over center of stamped Keys & Roses Dream Key image (shown on left side of box here).
- 6. Stamp one Bella Rose Leaves image onto white cardstock using Espresso Truffle ink. Die cut image using Bella Rose die; sponge image with Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, and Forest Moss Distress Inks.
- 7. Stamp two #3, #4, and #5 Tattered Blossoms flowers using Espresso Truffle ink onto white cardstock. Die cut flowers using #3, #4, and #5 Tattered Blossoms dies; sponge flowers with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Fold each flower petal in half, folding upward to add dimension. Hot glue matching flowers together, alternating flower petals and beginning with smallest flower. Hot glue each set together starting with the largest.
- 8. Adhere pearl brad to center of flower. Hot glue leaves and pearl strand to flower. Adhere flower to box top flap using foam dot so opening and closing of box is not obstructed.
- 9. Cut "Birthday Wishes" sentiment panel from Floral Key paper and adhere to flower as shown.
- 1. For video tutorial on the box assembly, visit heartfeltcreations.us/howto?view=videos&videoID=28.