Be Mine Valentine Wand
Be Mine Valentine Wand
- The Robin’s Nest Cardstock: Red Glitter Paisley, Classic Roses, Valentine, Silver Lips on Red, White Glitter Swirl on White
- The Robin’s Nest Glitter Chipboard: Princess Pink, Romantic Red, Silver
- The Robin’s Nest Embellishments: Wild About You RN Paper Clips; Glitter Chipboard Hearts; Dew Drops Two Lips Tear Drops Mix (red), White Tear Drops, Crimson Mini Mix (mini pearl), Clear Large, Pearl White Diamond Shape
- Pink ribbons, assorted widths and patterns, 2 yds. each
- Pink/red baker’s twine
- Red glitter trim
- Wooden dowel, 20” length
- Fine-gauge silver wire
- Provo Craft Cricut Electronic Cutting System and Cutting Files: Heart, Circle, Be Mine
- Die-cutting system and Sizzix Sizzlits Mini Paper Rosettes Decorative Strip Die
- Scallop-edged scissors: large, small
- Craft punches: primitive hearts, small, medium; circles, 1/2”, 1”
- Adhesives: large foam dots, glue gun and sticks, masking tape, ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, wooden skewer, tweezers
- 1. Using Cricut, cut 8" heart from red paisley cardstock, 6" circle from pink chipboard, 4" circle from red chipboard, and "Be Mine" from white cardstock. Trim circle edges with scallop-edged scissors.
- 2. Punch 1" circle from pink chipboard, 1/2" heart circle from Valentine cardstock, and two primitive hearts from red cardstock and silver chipboard. Use Best Glue Ever to adhere large clear Dew Drop over 1/2" circle; let dry. Set shapes aside.
- 3. Die cut paper rosettes strip twice from Valentine cardstock and six times from Classic Roses cardstock. Set aside large Valentine and small Classic Roses pieces for future project. Accordion-fold strips as indicated.
- 4. Using glue gun, adhere two Valentine strips end-to-end to create tube. Repeat with two Classic Roses strips, and then four remaining Classic Roses strips, to create total of three paper tubes.
- 5. Press Valentine rosette flat and adhere pink chipboard circle to center using glue gun. Adhere hearts and 1/2" circle to center. Press smaller Classic Roses rosette flat and adhere assemblage to center using glue gun.
- 6. Press large Classic Roses rosette flat and adhere 6" circle to center using glue gun.
- 7. Using photo as guide and foam dots, layer and adhere circles to large heart. Trim heart and circles with Dew Drops as shown using Best Glue Ever and tweezers; let dry.
- 8. Adhere dowel to back of heart using glue gun; secure with masking tape until set. Tie ribbons, twine, and trim around top of dowel; trim as needed.
- 9. Detail cut three pairs of lips from cardstock. Adhere lips and "Be Mine" as shown. Clip small heart to "Be Mine."
- 10. Cut three 36" lengths from wire; tightly spiral-wrap wire around skewer to create springs. Sandwich one end of each spring between two chipboard hearts. Use glue gun to adhere opposite spring ends to heart beneath largest rosette; let set.
- 1. The Robin's Nest cardstock is often double sided; vary look of wand by swapping visible side of cardstock.