Wood Veneer Wrapped Candles
Velvety feathers combine with rich wooden tones to embellish these pillar candles with color and texture for a unique design.
- Battery-operated pillar candle, 4”x8”
- Wood veneer sheet
- Cotton string
- Design Master Sprays: Mango TintIT, Robin’s Egg CoorTool
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- scissors, ruler, measuring tape, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface), large cardboard box
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Gather lengths of string into loose ball. In large cardboard box, spray string Robin's Egg; let dry. Unwind string; rewind into new ball. Spray string Mango; let dry. Spray feather Mango. Let dry.
- 2. Spray wood veneer sheet Mango using even strokes. (Note: Multiple coats may be needed to achieve deeper color tone. Each coat will deepen color.) Let dry.
- 3. Position candle on side on wrong side of veneer. Mark height and width of candle on veneer. Trim to size. Wrap veneer around candle; adhere ends.
- 4. Adhere end of painted string to center of candle. Wrap string around candle several times; secure ends using glue gun. Trim ends. Tuck end under wrapped string and adhere end. Adhere feather to wrapped band.