Sparkling Vintage Wall Hanging
- Pre-stretched wall canvas, 9”x12”
- Glittered Twinkle Type Gold Chipboard Letters: “J”; “O”; “Y”
- Vintage Santa image
- Heavyweight patterned paper: dark brown; olive green
- Crystal rhinestones, 5mm
- Silver star charm
- Jute twine, 20” length
- Red cording, 6” length
- Red/green ribbon, 5/8”
- Artificial Christmas greenery
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Country Red; Rookwood Red; Olde Gold; Mississippi Mud
- Bristle paintbrushes
- Rhonna Farrer Elegant Flourishes clear stamps
- Black ink pad
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Black adhesive foam squares
- Masking tape, 1”
- Large-eye needle
- Electric drill and 1/8” bit
- 1. Drill hole 1/2" from top corners of canvas. Cut masking tape strips into assorted widths. Wrap tape pieces widthwise around canvas, butting edges together. Remove every other piece of tape.
- 2. Dry brush openings Country Red. (Note: Paint coverage should be uneven.) Dry brush Rookwood Red over Country Red. Remove remaining tape.
- 3. Dry brush white canvas areas Olde Gold. Dry brush canvas edges Mississippi Mud. Paint wood on inside sides of canvas frame Mississippi Mud.
- 4. Draw and cut 3-1/4"x4" rectangle from canvas, centered from side to side with top of rectangle 2" from top of canvas. Draw and cut 1-3/4"x4" rectangle 1/2" from side of center rectangle. Dry brush cut rectangle edges Mississippi Mud.
- 5. Cut rectangle from brown paper to fit back of canvas frame; glue with front of paper facing front of canvas.
- 6. Glue Santa image to back of Twinkle Type frame with oval center.
- 7. Stamp swirls on green paper. Cut around swirls 1/8" from design details. Sand edges of swirls. Glue swirls to top and bottom of cut rectangles on canvas, and back of "J". Glue rhinestones to swirls and center of star charm. Tie red cord around star charm. Use adhesive foam squares to adhere charm to glitter frame, and to adhere glitter frame, "J", and "Y" to brown paper inside cut canvas rectangles.
- 8. Glue glitter square shapes to top corners and bottom left corner of cut-outs on canvas. Tie ribbon around greenery stems. Glue glitter swirls and greenery to bottom right corner.
- 9. For hanger, thread jute through needle. Insert needle through holes in canvas corners; knot ends in front.