Give Thanks Journal
- Small single spiral-bound album, 6-3/4”x10-1/4”
- Barn Insert Single Sheets, 6-1/2”x9-3/4”
- Grateful decorative papers, 12”x12”: Wheat; Skinny Stripe; Pin Dot
- Green textured cardstock
- Black rub-on transfer: “Give Thanks”
- Grateful Bobbins ribbon, 1/4”-wide: brown, 17” length; green, 15” length
- DAS White Air Hardening Modeling Clay
- Leaf rubber stamps, 1-1/2”
- Metallic Watercolors with brush
- Square Paper Punch, 3/16”
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Craft knife
- Waxed paper
- 1. Cover work surface with waxed paper. Roll 1/4 package of clay to 1/8" thickness.
- 2. Stamp three leaves into clay. Use craft knife to cut around leaves. For added dimension, bend sides upward, smoothing sides as needed. Set aside on waxed paper to dry.
- 3. Paint leaves with metallic paints; let dry. To highlight raised areas, dampen paint to a paste-consistency and use finger to rub paint onto leaves. Use water-thinned copper metallic paint to darken veins.
- 4. For front and back of journal, cut two pieces of each: 3"x8" Skinny Stripe; 5"x8-1/2" Wheat; 3"x8-1/2" Pin Dot.
- 5. Detach coils from journal. Place front cover horizontally on work surface with coil slots on left. Vertically position Skinny Stripe paper, covering slots for coils and leaving 1/2" paper extending past edges of cover at top, left, and bottom. Glue top surface including coil area, only. Punch holes through paper where coil slots are located. Horizontally position and glue Wheat paper on top two-thirds of cover, butting left edge against Skinny Stripe paper and leaving 1/2" paper extending past edges of cover at top and right sides. Horizontally position and glue Pin Dot paper on bottom one-third of cover, butting left edge against Skinny Stripe paper and leaving 1/2" paper extending past edge of cover at bottom and right sides. Fold Skinny Stripe paper around edge to back of front cover; glue. Turn over to punch holes. Fold Wheat and Pin Dot papers to back side of front cover and glue in same way.
- 6. Place back cover horizontally on work surface with coil slots on right. Repeat Step 5, placing papers so Skinny Stripe is along coil clots, Wheat is along top, and Pin Dot is along bottom to ensure pattern is correct when assembled.
- 7. On front cover, horizontally glue 8-1/2" brown ribbon length to front cover over seams where Wheat and Pin Dot papers meet, wrapping ends around sides. Vertically glue 7-1/2" green ribbon length where three papers meet. wrapping ends around to other side. Glue 6-5/8"x9-3/4" green cardstock onto inside front cover. Repeat for back cover.
- 8. Assemble journal with insert sheets between front and back covers, putting coils through slots. Apply rub-on transfer to front cover. Use hot glue to attach leaves to front cover.
- 1. Use clay leaves to embellish frames, keepsake boxes, and more.