Forever Blooming Monoprint Wildflowers
sizes: 4" diameter
- Papier-mâché round ornaments, 4” diameter, three
- White copy paper
- Advantus Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chitchat Stickers
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
- Stampendous Wild Flowers Rubber Stamp (LR-1009)
- The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Wonky Circles Stencil (TCW220)
- Ink brayer
- Cricut Cuttlebug Wood Grain Embossing Folder & Border, 5”x7”
- Acrylic paints, in colors of choice
- Clear embossing ink and powder
- Craft glue
- tray or cookie sheet, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface), paper towels, iron with pressing surface, pencil, paintbrushes, heat tool, wax paper
- 1. Cover work area with newspaper. Set printing plate on tray. Apply small amount of paint to plate and spread with brayer.
- 2. Press stencil, cookie cutters, bottle lids, etc., onto plate to create texture.
- 3. Lay paper onto plate and rub hands all over paper back. Lift paper off; set aside to dry.
- 4. Create second print with remaining ink if desired. Wipe plate clean with wet paper towels or wipes. Wash brayer with soap and water.
- 5. Apply second paint color to plate with brayer; press different textures onto plate. Place first print made face down on plate and rub as before. Set aside. Make second print if desired.
- 6. Repeat process with third color if desired. Or press stamp design onto plate and rub over first printed image.
- 7. Paint edges of ornaments to coordinate with print colors. Using ornament as template, trace around desired sections of prints and cut out. Adhere print to each side. Adhere sentiment stickers. Paint edges.
- Live Blooming
- 1. Use circles stencil on first print, small bottle lid on second print, and flower stamp on third print.
- Forever Blooming
- 1. Use circles stencil on first and second prints and flower stamp on third print.
- Embrace Spring
- 1. Note: This ornament was not printed, but the look was duplicated with stencils and stamps only.
- 2. Ink stamp with clear embossing ink; stamp onto paper twice. Emboss with clear embossing powder; heat set.
- 3. Apply small amount of acrylic paint on sheet of waxed paper; roll using brayer. Place stencil over embossed design. Roll brayer quickly over stencil; remove. Flip stencil over and roll over second piece. Let dry and repeat with second color. Let dry and repeat with third color.
- 4. For shadow effects in between colors, rub remaining color on stencil over designs. Let dry completely.
- 5. Place sheet of paper over design, heat iron, and iron off embossing ink. Repeat for second piece.
- 6. Paint edges of ornament. Using ornament as template, trace around desired sections on prints; cut out. Adhere one print to each side. Adhere sentiment stickers. Paint edges if desired.
- 1. Experiment with acrylic paints you have on hand, using stencils, cookie cutters, and other household items to create interesting and unique complex textures.