Yum, Yum! Candy Jar
Diamond Tech (www.diamondtechcrafts.com)
Looking for a great last-minute Valentine's gift for a friend, coworker, or your sweetheart? Embellish this KraftyBlok with scraps in your stash and then fill with his/her favorite goodies!
- Diamond Tech KraftyBlok, 4”x8”
- Burlap, 2”x23”
- Ribbon of choice
- Adhesive-back craft foam letters
- Wrapped candies
- Felt, scrap
- scissors, glass cleaner, paper towel, ruler, pencil
- 1. Size is 4"x8".
- Candy Jar
- 1. Clean and dry outside of KraftyBlok with glass cleaner and paper towel.
- 2. Measure and cut 1-1/2"-diameter circle from felt (for flower backing). Measure and cut 2"x23" burlap strip.
- 3. At one end of burlap strip, fold top corner down towards bottom of strip creating triangle. Fold end point to center of triangle and begin rolling burlap inward to end of triangle. Hold center; twist and fold top part of triangle down and away from you, creating flower. Hold flower by base and continue twisting and turning until reaching end.
- 4. Adhere felt circle behind flower using glue gun; let set. Apply dots of hot glue under each flower petal to secure flower and keep from unfolding. Let set for a few minutes. Set flower aside.
- 5. Beginning 1-1/2" down from top of KraftyBlock, add dot of hot glue and press end of twine onto glass. Wrap twine around KraftyBlock creating 2-3/4"-thick band. Tuck end of twine underneath band; spot glue to secure.
- 6. Measure and cut 16" ribbon length. Wrap ribbon around center of twine band; spot glue using glue gun. Adhere burlap flower to center of ribbon using glue gun. Let set.
- 7. Peel backing from alphabet letters. Press "YUM!" onto glass below twine band.
- 8. Fill KraftyBlock with your favorite wrapped candies.
- 1. Use a 1-1/2"-diameter shape, like a coin, to trace on felt for flower back.