Valentine Love Bugs
sizes: spider, 3-1/2"x8"; bug, 2-1/2"x8-1/2"; butterfly, 3-1/2"x8"
- Cardstock: red, light pink, pink, white
- Wiggle eyes, 1/4”
- Flat-backed acrylic rhinestones: pink, 1/8”; red, 1/4”
- Chenille stems: red, white
- Red colored pencil
- Adhesives: Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue, glue stick
- scissors, pencil, black marker, ruler
Pattern - Valentine Love Bugs
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Use black marker to outline wings, heads, bodies, antennae, and draw smiles. Cut out pieces for all bugs, making sure to cut just outside of outlines.
- 2. Referring to photo, use glue stick to adhere pieces on bugs. Adhere wiggle eyes on head using tacky glue. Adhere rhinestones on bugs using glue stick. Let dry.
- 3. Color cheeks and tongue with colored pencil.
- 4. Cut red or white chenille stem in half; curl around pencil and adhere one end to back of bug. Let dry. For spider, cut eight 3" lengths (legs) from red chenille stem. Bend legs in half; adhere ends onto back of spider.
- 5. Insert eraser end on pencil through curled chenille stem.