Tulle-Wrapped Shadow Box Ornament
- Foam core, 3/16” thick
- Patterned papers (Basic Grey): blue; green
- White cardstock
- Bridal netting, 10”x11-1/2”
- Ivory narrow fabric trim, 1/2 yd.
- Ivory satin ribbon, 7/8”
- Artificial Christmas greenery
- Fabric Arts Sampler CD image (The Vintage Workshop): Vintage Santa (or use vintage image from recycled holiday card, if desired)
- Ivory Perle Cotton (DMC), #8
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and color printer
- 1. From foam core, cut the following rectangles: one 2-1/4"x3-1/2"; two 1-1/4"x3-1/2"; two 1-1/4"x2-5/8".
- 2. Print Santa image on white cardstock; trim to 2-1/4"x3-1/2" rectangle and glue to large foam core rectangle. Cut and glue blue patterned paper to one side of 1-1/4" foam core rectangle.
- 3. Place large foam core rectangle flat on work surface with Santa image facing up. Glue long 1-1/4" rectangles to sides of Santa rectangle with blue paper facing Santa. Glue short 1-1/4" rectangles to top and bottom of Santa rectangle with blue paper facing Santa, forming a shadow box around Santa.
- 4. Glue ivory fabric trim around top edge of shadow box to cover foam core.
- 5. Glue greenery to bottom left corner of box.
- 6. Insert large needle through top of box, making two holes 1/2" apart at center. Insert thread through holes in box with ends even at top.
- 7. Loosely wrap netting rectangle around shadow box, overlapping and gluing edges on back side, cutting a slit for thread at top. Glue greenery to top of box. Tie thread ends into a knot at top of box for hanger.
- 8. Tie ribbon bow and glue to back of box to cover netting ends.