Stamped Photo Canvases
- Artist canvases, 8”x10”
- Prismatics card stock (Prism Papers): White; Frosted Cobalt; Iced Cobalt; Intense Kiwi; Frosted Kiwi; Intense Pink; Frosted Pink
- Pastel ribbons (Creative Impressions): 1/2”-wide sheer scroll-pattern; 1/2”- and 1”-wide grosgrain
- Brightly colored metal (Creative Impressions): brads; safety pins; photo turns
- Stamp sets (Impression Obsession): Spring/Summer Borders; Borders; Mod Flowers; Paisley Set
- ColorBox Pigment Inks (Clearsnap): Rouge; Lime Pastel; Frost White; Ice Blue Fluid Chalk
- Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circle Dies Set (Spellbinders) and compatible die-cut machine
- Punches: Corner Rounder (EK Success Ltd.); Eyelet Lace and Daisy Embossing Border Punches (Fiskars)
- Paper piercer and piercing mat
- Bone folder
- Scrapbook Adhesives (3L): E-Z Runner Applicator; E-Z Squares
- 1. For each hanger, cut one 1/2"x8" grosgrain ribbon length; hot glue ends to top back canvas edge. For each bow, cut one 3" and one 8" length from 1"- wide ribbon. Fold long ends to center, overlapping slightly, and dot with hot glue. Wrap center with 3" ribbon; glue ends. Glue bow to center of hanger.
- 2. Cut white cardstock to 8"x10". Using photos as a guide, stamp right three-quarters of cardstock with Ice Blue large paisley. Fill in spaces with various Mod Flowers, inked Lime Pastel or Rouge. Remember to vary stamps used on each cardstock base, beginning with largest images and filling in with smaller images for balanced look.
- 3. Using photos as a guide, complete canvases. Mat photo on one or two pieces of cardstock. Add interest to mats by tearing or border punching one edge. To create scalloped edge as shown in third canvas, remove guard from corner rounder punch and use it to punch edge; pierce center of each scallop to create lacy look.
- 4. For left edge of stamped cardstock, cut two cardstock strips. Pierce, stamp or punch these strips as desired. Adhere strips directly to stamped cardstock or behind left edge of photo, as shown in first canvas.
- 5. Tie sheer ribbon around photo or photo and border strip; insert safety pin through knot. Adhere photo to stamped cardstock.
- 6. To create "button" embellishment shown in first canvas, die cut small scalloped circle from cardstock. Pierce center of each scallop. Stamp Frost White dotted circle in center. Poke two holes in center of circle and thread with very thin strip of cardstock; knot strip like thread. Adhere to stamped cardstock.
- 7. Insert brads and/or photo turns into stamped cardstock as desired. Adhere cardstock to artist canvas.