Shimmering Autumn Candles
- Cream pillar candles (varying heights)
- Cardstock (Bazzill Basics): yellow; tan
- Green patterned paper (Heidi Grace Designs)
- Terra Cotta Air-Dry Clay (Makin’s Clay)
- Brown flowers (Prima Marketing)
- Antique Copper brads (Karen Foster Design)
- Thin twine
- Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels): Golden Terra Cotta; Copper
- Glazes (Terra Bella Finishes): Metallic Gel: Sparkling Copper; Opulence: Gold; Copper
- Clay Moulds (Crafty Lady Art Moulds)
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and color printer or brown fine-tip permanent marker
- 1. For medallion, press clay into mould. Release clay from mold and use piercing tools to poke hole through medallion. Repeat for a total of three medallions. Set aside to dry.
- 2. Cut 4"-wide strip from yellow cardstock. Use fingers to apply Metallic Glaze and Opulence finishes to strip. Cut glazed card stock into 1/2" strips. Set aside.
- 3. Cut three 2"-wide strips from patterned paper. Layer one glazed cardstock strip behind each long side of patterned paper, leaving 1/4" border showing on each side. Trim each layered strip to fit around candle. Glue strips around candles.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray each brown flower with two sprays each of Golden Terra Cotta and Copper Glimmer Mists. Let dry.
- 5. Insert brad through each medallion hole. Apply Copper Opulence finish to dried clay medallions. Glue medallions to flower centers.
- 6. Use brown ink to print sentiments on tan cardstock; trim to tag shapes and apply Copper glaze to edges. Glue flowers and tags to candle wraps.