Sand Dollar Coaster Set
sizes: box, 5"x5"x3"; coasters, 3-1/2"x3-1/2"
- Ampersand Art Supply Stampbord: Box Kit, 5”x5”; Square Coaster Bags, 3-1/2”x3-1/2”, two
- Adhesive-back cork sheet
- Mini seashell embellishments, small amount
- Sand dollars: 1”, 3”
- Turquoise velvet ribbon
- Stampington & Company Sand Dollar Stamp by Christine Adolph
- Ranger: Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise Ink Spray, Clear Rock Candy Crackle; Tim Holtz Distress Clear Embossing Ink, Antique Linen Embossing Powder
- Acrylic paints: DecoArt Americana Sea Breeze, tan
- Matte sealer
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- heat tool, newspaper (to cover work surface), bleach, paper towels, sponge, paper plate, paintbrush, scissors, ruler, screwdriver
- 1. On covered work surface, paint entire box and lid Sea Breeze. Let dry completely.
- 2. Tap clear embossing ink randomly over sides of lid. Allow some paint to show through. Pour embossing powder over ink, shaking off excess. Heat emboss.
- 3. Drybrush sides and top edges of base of box tan, allowing paint to show through. Lightly drybrush inside of box tan. Apply crackle paint to sides and top edge of box; allow to cure following manufacturer's instructions. Spray light coats of matte sealer on box. Let dry.
- 4. Spray Turquoise ink over five coaster squares; gently blot using paper towels. Repeat until pleased with color. Set three remaining coasters aside for future use.
- 5. Make bleach stamp pad by pouring bleach onto small pile of folded paper towels or sponge on protected work surface. Press stamp onto pad and stamp each coaster, being careful to press straight down and lift straight up to avoid smearing. Immediately clean stamp with soap and water. Let coasters dry thoroughly; seal with matte sealer.
- 6. Cut four 3-1/4" squares and one 4" square from cork sheet. Adhere smaller squares to back of four coasters and larger square inside box lid. Adhere large sand dollar to cork square inside box lid.
- 7. Following kit instructions, put lid on box and attach hinges using screwdriver. Tie four coasters together with ribbon; place inside box.
- 8. Adhere fifth coaster to center of box lid using glue gun. Adhere seashells around perimeter of coaster, leaving center visible. Adhere small sand dollar in lower left corner of lid using glue gun.