Off-to-School Learning Albums & Card
sizes: counting album, 5"x7-1/2"; colors album, 3-5/8"x7"; card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Chipboard albums: Naked Spiral Board Book (7gypsies); Bare Elements Gerri Small Tag Book (Creative Imaginations)
- Solid cardstock, assorted bright colors and white
- Patterned paper, assorted bright colors
- Cream Owl & Hoot Rub-on Transfers (October Afternoon)
- Stickers: Thickers Foam Letter/Number Stickers (American Crafts); small round number stickers (7gypsies); large bookplate
- Metal: Self-Adhesive Photo Corners (American Crafts); White Jumbo Bookplate (BasicGrey); brads, four
- Paper Frills Lily White Trim Assortment (Doodlebug Designs)
- Ribbon, assorted (May Arts)
- Baby rickrack trim
- Stamps (October Afternoon): Notebook Doodles; Turtle Power; Typing 101 Small
- Whispers Waterproof Stamp Pads (Inque Boutique): Black; colors to match patterned papers
- Scrapbook Colors Funky Vintage Chartreuse Acrylic Paint (Making Memories)
- Sharpie White paint pen (Sanford)
- Corner rounder punch
- Squeeze Die-Cutting System and Alphabet Dies (QuicKutz)
- Xyron 510 adhesive machine (Xyron)
- Counting Album
- 1. Remove spirals from Naked Spiral Board Book. Paint 1-1/2"-wide green band along spiral openings on both sides of all chipboard pages; let dry.
- 2. Cut cardstock to 5"x6-1/2" for inner pages, varying colors. Cut patterned paper to same size for front and back covers. Follow adhesive machine manufacturer's instructions to apply adhesive to one side of paper; adhere to chipboard. Adhere paper trim over cardstock seams on inner pages. Adhere rickrack over paper seams on front and back covers. Reassemble album.
- 3. Stamp black oval dot frame near bottom of each page, or pair of pages, and adhere appropriate number sticker. Note: Numbers 1-6 will each fill one page; numbers 7-10 will each fill two pages. Stamp small number word above each sticker. Adhere metal photo corners and round number stickers to pages as shown.
- 4. Determine contrasting cardstock color and desired patterned paper for turtles on each page. Use black ink to stamp appropriate number of turtles on cardstock (project requires 55 turtles); stamp again on patterned paper. Cut shells from patterned paper turtles and adhere over cardstock turtles; adhere to page in pleasing arrangement.
- 5. Cut center from large bookplate sticker; back with patterned paper and insert brads in tabs. Color foam sticker brackets with white paint pen; adhere brackets and "10" stickers to bookplate. Adhere bookplate to front cover.
- Colors Album
- 1. Cut two 3-5/8"x7" cardstock pieces for each pair of inner album pages. Use adhesive machine to adhere cardstock to chipboard. Trim corners with craft knife; punch holes in pages if desired.
- 2. Choose coordinating patterned paper for each color of cardstock. Run cardstock through adhesive machine; die cut letters to spell color. Adhere to righthand page.
- 3. Use coordinating ink to stamp oval scallop frame onto white cardstock; cut out, including center. Cut oval slightly larger than frame opening from coordinating cardstock.
- 4. Use black ink to stamp puppy onto coordinating patterned paper; cut out. Adhere puppy inside frame and colored oval to back. Adhere layered image to center of left-hand page.
- 5. Cover front and back covers with patterned papers; trim corners. Tie various ribbons around top edge of bookplate. Stamp or use stickers to spell "My Colors" on cardstock. Trim and place behind bookplate; insert brads. Adhere bookplate to cover.
- 1. Cut blue cardstock to 4-1/2"x11"; score and fold in half. Cut 2-1/2"x5-1/2" patterned paper piece; adhere to top half of card. Round corners. Cut 1/2"x5-1/2" strip from contrasting paper; adhere to card.
- 2. Use brown ink to stamp round scallop frame onto dark orange cardstock; cut out and adhere to card.
- 3. Apply owl and branch rub-ons. Stamp black sentiment.
- 1. Stamp words in Spanish or French for multilingual learning.
- 2. Replace turtle and puppy images with your child's favorite animal or character.
- 3. Save money! Alter old board books your kids don't look at anymore.