Magical Snowflake Candle & Poem Tag
- Blue/white multi-colored candle, 3”x6”
- Patterned: turquoise; light blue glittered
- White tissue paper
- Rhinestones, assorted coordinating colors
- Ribbon: blue/silver metallic; sheer blue
- Stamps (Safire Designs): Lace Snowflake (#H2156); Points Snowflake (#H2147); Snowflake Shadow (#A2150); Magical Snowflake Poem (#F2148)
- Ink pads: black dye; Big & Bossy Embossing (Ranger)
- Embossing powders: silver; purple/blue glitter
- Stickles Glitter Glue, Diamond and assorted coordinating colors (Ranger)
- Heat tool
- Bone folder
- Deckle-edge scissors
- Hole punch
- Waxed paper
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- 1. Designer recommends practicing tissue technique on inexpensive candle first to get feel for proper heating level before attempting actual project.
- 1. Stamp and silver emboss two of each large snowflake on tissue paper. Stamp and glitter emboss seven Snowflake Shadow images. Cut out all images and plan placement; use photos as a guide. Cut some images in half as desired.
- 2. Cut several pieces of waxed paper to fit around center design area of candle with a few inches of overlap, leaving top and bottom edges uncovered.
- 3. Place first image onto candle, smoothing out creases so it lays flat. Place a piece of waxed paper around candle, over image, and hold firmly by excess waxed paper at opposite side.
- 4. Holding heat tool 4" to 6" from candle, begin heating image using quick, circular motions. Keep heat on image for only a few seconds at a time, moving tool as soon as one area of waxed paper turns clear. Give wax a chance to cool, then return to heat another area.
- 5. Continue adding stamped images to candle, changing waxed paper after each pair of images. When all images are applied to candle, highlight with assorted glitter glues. Tie metallic ribbons around base.
- 6. Use toothpick to apply dots of Tacky Glue to snowfl akes; place rhinestones in glue, holding until set. Quick Tip: Use a crayon to pick up and place rhinestones in glue; it works!
- 1. Stamp poem on turquoise paper; trim to 1-1/2"x3-3/4" using deckle scissors.
- 2. Press front edges of poem against embossing pad, creating narrow border. Heat emboss with mixture of silver and glitter powders.
- 3. Cut two 4"x5" glittered paper pieces. Completely cover back of one piece with thin layer of Tacky Glue and adhere to second piece. Using bone folder on one side like a squeegee, burnish paper from center out toward edges until papers lay completely flat and glue seals edges. Set aside to dry for five minutes. Trim edges using deckle scissors.
- 4. Adhere layers. Punch hole at top left and tie tag to candle with sheer ribbon.