Kid’s Room Sign
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Elmer’s White Foam Board, 20”x30”x3/16”
- Green print pper, 12”x12”, two sheets
- Elmer’s Project Popperz Bright Letters & Numbers Pack, 2-1/2”
- Patterned cupcake liners: assorted, ten; green, three
- Buttons: white, 1” diameter, five; red, 1-1/2” diameter; assorted colors, 3/4” to 1” diameter, seven
- Striped straws, 8”, five
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Cutter, 8” Scissors, 12” Metal Ruler
- Elmer’s Painters Black Fine Point Marker
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Permanent Dot Runner, All Purpose Glue Stick, Quick Dry Dual Tip Glue Pen
- pencil, two large paper clips, craft knife
- 1. Cut two 12"x6" and one 6"x6" panels from green paper. Cut 4" slits into strips every 1/2" along long edge of panels to make grass. Adhere uncut panel areas along bottom of foam board with glue stick. Gently crumple slits.
- 2. Spell child's name and "room" with letters, using two colors for each letter. Offset slightly to show both colors. Cut apostrophe from unused letters.
- 3. For hangers, mark 3" from top and 3" from sides on back of board. At each intersection, make 1/4"-long shallow horizontal slit, being careful not puncture board front. Insert knife blade into slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips; insert shorter rounded ends up into slits to create hanger loops.
- 4. Using photo as guide, adhere straws (stems) to board with glue pen. Cut green cupcake liners (leaves) in half, discarding one half. Fold remaining in half; adhere to board as shown with glue pen.
- 5. Fold cupcake liners (flowers) backward, wrong sides outward, but don't flatten. Trim five liners 3/4" smaller for centers. Layer liner, cut liner, and white button for each flower, adhering each layer with glue pen. Adhere flowers to board above stems.
- 6. For ladybug, draw spots on red button with marker. Adhere button in grass with glue pen; add legs and head with marker.
- 7. Adhere buttons randomly on board with glue dots.