Holiday Cookie Tin
sizes: tin, 4"x6"x6"; tag, 3"x4"
- Medium cookie tin
- Red cardstock
- Green floral patterned (Prima Mktg.)
- Red self-adhesive crystals (Prima Mktg.)
- Red hydrangeas and holly leaves (Prima Mktg.)
- Green ribbon (May Arts)
- Christmas Wishes stamp (Embossing Arts Co.)
- VersaMark ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powder (Ranger)
- Spray paints (Krylon): Cherry Red Indoor/Outdoor; Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
- Fabri-Tac Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Slot punch
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to prime tin with Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating. Spray paint tin and lid Cherry Red; let dry completely.
- 2. Trace lid onto patterned paper; cut out 1/4" inside traced line. Crumple paper and smooth flat; sand edges to distress paper.
- 3. Stamp sentiment slightly off-center and sprinkle with embossing powder; heat set and let cool. Use fingers to gently rub distress crystals from image.
- 4. Apply self-adhesive crystals as shown. Adhere leaves and flowers using Fabri-Tac glue.
- 5. Cut 1-1/2"-wide paper strips to fit around bottom of tin, piecing together as needed. Crumple, flatten and sand strips. Adhere around tin.
- 6. Glue ribbon around top of paper strip and knot at front. Apply crystals as shown.
- 7. Cut 3"x4" red tag and slightly smaller green tag. Follow directions for tin to complete tag. Slot punch narrow end and tie ribbon through hole.