Going Buggy Cards
Going Buggy Cards
Blue Buggy Card
- Cardstock: linen texture in beige, light blue, medium blue, cream, black and green; glossy white
- Black/white gingham ribbon
- Glass slide
- Copper foiling tape
- Fine-gauge wire: blue; copper
- Stamps: Polka Dot Bug (Holly Berry House); Small Ladybugs and Screen background (Stampin’ Up!)
- Ink pads: blue dye; black pigment; EZ Walnut Ink TintZ in Moss and Denim (Fiber Scraps); Jet Black StazOn (Tsukineko)
- Black embossing powder
- Small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Corner notch punch
- Heat tool
- Foam adhesive tape or dots
- Blue Bug
- 1. Cut light blue cardstock to 5-1/2"x8-1/2"; score and fold in half. Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/2" medium blue piece and adhere to card front on angle; trim excess.
- 2. Spray glossy white cardstock with alcohol, then apply vertical rows of Moss and Denim walnut inks while alcohol is wet. Let dry. Repeatedly stamp Polka Dot Bug in vertical rows using blue dye ink; let dry.
- 3. Cut five 3/4"x4-3/4" strips from inked cardstock. Cut 3-3/4"x4-7/8" beige cardstock piece. Adhere 3/8" cardstock strips to beige piece as shown; adhere to card.
- 4. Cut 1-1/2"x2" glossy white cardstock piece; dab with Moss ink and let dry. Stamp blue Polka Dot Bug using blue dye ink.
- 5. Mat bug on 2"x2-1/4" medium blue cardstock piece. Punch corners. Wrap blue wire three times around bug motif and tape ends at back. Adhere bug panel to card using foam tape.
- Black Bug
- 1. Cut cream cardstock to 5-1/2"x8-1/2"; score and fold in half. Trim 1-3/4"-wide strip from right edge of card front. Stamp card front with Screen background on slight angle using black ink.
- 2. Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/2" green cardstock piece and adhere to inside front of card. Adhere ribbon over cardstock seam.
- 3. Cut 3"x4-1/2" cream cardstock piece and adhere to card front. Stamp black pigment bug and emboss with black embossing powder. Cut 1"x4-1/2" black cardstock strip and adhere to left side of cream panel.
- 4. Use StazOn ink to stamp Small Ladybugs three times onto glass slide. Adhere slide to patterned paper cut to size. Wrap slide edges with copper foiling tape. Mat slide on 1-1/8"x3-1/8" green cardstock. Wrap copper wire three times around slide and tape ends at back. Adhere slide to card using foam tape.