Family Photo Blocks
- Basswood Economy Pack (Midwest Products) or 1-3/4”-thick wood cut into five 4” lengths
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Deep Burgundy; Antique Gold; Raw Sienna; Buttermilk
- Patterned papers (7gypsies): Le Monde Crème (dictionary print); Picadilly (blue swirl); Marsala (red print)
- Chipboard letters to spell “FAMILY” (Making Memories)
- Tags to Go (K&Company)
- Slide frames, three
- Silver oval metal frames
- Silver brads
- Black/white ribbon, 3/8”: gingham; stitched
- Black and white photos of choice to fit slide frames, three
- Fluid Chalk Inks (Clearsnap): Dark Brown; Chestnut Roan; Maroon
- All-purpose sealer
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- Paper trimmer
- Sanding block
- 1. Sand blocks; wipe dust. Apply sealer. Paint blocks Buttermilk, Antique Gold, Raw Sienna, and remaining two Deep Burgundy. Paint chipboard letters as follows: "F" and "I" Deep Burgundy; "A" and "L" Buttermilk; "M" and "Y" Raw Sienna. Let dry, then lightly sand to distress.
- 2. Cut patterned papers to fit sides and half of front of blocks. Use Liquid Laminate to adhere papers to blocks. Apply paper glue to one side of slides. Place slides on wrong side of blue patterned paper. Let glue set, then use craft knife to trim paper. Sand edges of paper even with slides, then ink edges.
- 3. Glue photos to slide openings. Choose sticker phrases or words for each photo. For bows, cut three 4" ribbon lengths and knot centers. Glue bows to slides.
- 4. Cut ribbons to fit around center of each block; glue. Attach brads to metal frames. Cut papers to fit frame backs and apply stickers to opening. Glue frames to blocks.
- 5. Glue slides and letters to blocks as shown. Ink edges of blocks.