Fall Splendor Lamp
Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Lamp base and shade
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge by Susan Lenart Kazmer Bronze Squares One Bezels (MB1-502), four packages
- Brass jump rings
- American Crafts Kraft Cardstock
- Shrinky Dinks Crystal Clear Shrinkable Plastic Sheets
- May Arts Black Crochet Ribbon
- Want2Scrap Bling Silver Rhinestones, 72-count
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents Dies (S5-073)
- Spellbinders 3-D M-Bossabilities Basket Weave Embossing Plate (E3D-004) and Raspberry Spacer Plate (GC-008)
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Ink Pads: VersaFine Vintage Sepia; VersaMagic Jumbo Java, Gingerbread; Memento Morocco, Peanut Brittle, Rich Cocoa, Cotton White
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: Dark Red, Pale Sepia
- Imagine Crafts Ink Blushers Sponges
- Westcott Tools: Titanium 4” Scissors, Paper Trimmer
- Needle-nose pliers, two pairs
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks, Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- ruler, pencil, small hole punch, heat tool, tapestry needle or awl, foam paintbrush
- 1. Apply gesso to lampshade with foam brush; let dry.
- 2. Cut six 5"x7" panels from Kraft cardstock. (Note: Place panels around lampshade to check fit; panels should overlap slightly and completely cover lampshade surface. Adjust dimensions or number of panels as needed.)
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to set up embossing "sandwich" of B Embossing Plate and Raspberry Spacer Plate. Emboss each cardstock panel with Basket Weave texture.
- 4. Using Ink Blushers sponge, apply and blend ink colors on each embossed piece, starting with lightest ink color and working toward darkest shade. Re-apply colors until desired effect is achieved. Lightly sponge raised areas with white ink to add dimension and depth. Let dry.
- 5. Trim inked and embossed cardstock panels into 1"-wide strips.
- 6. Using paper glue, slightly overlap and adhere cardstock strips to lampshade until entire surface is covered. Use photo as guide. Let dry.
- 7. Die cut 17 Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents Leaves #4 shapes from clear shrinkable plastic. Punch small hole in tip of each leaf.
- 8. Color nine leaves with red marker and eight leaves with sepia marker.
- 9. Using two pairs of needle-nose pliers, gently twist jump rings open. Add one leaf and bottom bail of one bezel to first jump ring; twist ring closed. Repeat for remaining leaves and bezels.
- 10. Using heat tool and following manufacturer's instructions, shrink die-cut leaves until shrinking stops and leaves lay flat. Use photo as guide.
- 11. Embellish each bezel with rhinestone as shown.
- 12. Cut 1-1/2"x1-1/2" template from scrap cardstock.
- 13. Using tapestry needle, pierce hole near bottom edge of lampshade. Place template next to pierced hole and poke second hole on other side of template. Repeat for a total of 17 holes.
- 14. Using needle-nose pliers and jump rings, attach embellished bezels to lampshade through holes along bottom edge.
- 15. Use glue gun to adhere black ribbon around top and bottom of lampshade as shown.
- 1. For wearable art, link bezels and shrink plastic leaves with jump rings to create a beautiful autumn bracelet or necklace. Punch two holes in each leaf before linking.