Elegant Cakes Invitations
Au Chocolat Card
Pastel Pastry Card
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip (Stampin’ Up!)
- White vellum (Stampin’ Up!)
- Pink taffeta ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
- Large pink adhesive rhinestones
- Stamps: Eat Cake, Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink); Large Oval (A Muse)
- Ink pads: VersaMagic Dew Drops in Pink Petunia, Jumbo Java and Spanish Olive (Tsukineko); VersaMark (Tsukineko); ColorBox Pink Pigment Ink (Clearsnap)
- Liquid Pearls Paint (Ranger): Petal Pink; Opal White
- Detail Embossing Powder (Stampin’ Up!): White; Copper
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter and Embosser (ProvoCraft)
- Nestabilities Large Rectangle Dies Set (Spellbinders)
- “Bubbles” Energy Texture Plate (Fiskars)
- Small corner rounder punch or large scallop-edge scissors
- Heat tool
- WackyTac Adhesives (K&Company): Permanent Tape Runner; Vellum Tape; Adhesive Dots
- 1. For either invitation, cut white cardstock to 4-1/4"x11"; score and fold in half.
- Au Chocolat
- 1. Stamp two Java leaf images on card front as shown. Stamp three Pink Petunia large flowers; stamp smaller Java flowers in centers.
- 2. Stamp Petunia Pink oval on separate piece of white card stock. Stamp Java cake, grounding it on pink oval. Stamp small flowers on cake as shown using VersaMark ink; sprinkle wet ink with white embossing powder. Heat set powder, allowing it to slightly overheat to obtain pinkish tinge. Dot flower centers with pink paint. Stamp small leaves among flowers using VersaMark ink; emboss with copper powder.
- 3. Tie ribbon around card front, cutting tiny slit on fold for ribbon. Trim stamped cake image to 2-1/2"x3-1/4"; mat on brown cardstock and adhere to card. Adhere rhinestones to centers of visible large flowers.
- Pastel Pastry
- 1. Remove guard from corner punch; punch scallops along bottom edge of card front.
- 2. Stamp Pink Petunia flower clusters along bottom edge; stamp Spanish Olive leaves. Dot flower centers with white paint.
- 3. Cut 3-3/4"x4" vellum piece and emboss with Bubbles texture plate. Use vellum adhesive to adhere piece to card as shown, 1/4" from top edge. Tie two ribbon lengths around card front; secure ribbon with tape runner.
- 4. Use die-cutting machine and a scallop-edged die to cut an approximately 2-3/4"x3-3/4" rectangle from white cardstock. Run piece through die-cutting machine again, this time with slightly smaller scallop-edged die, to create embossed border. Note: For helpful information on this technique, and die compatibility with many popular die-cutting systems.
- 5. Repeat Step 4 two or three times to emboss scalloped rectangle with smaller straight-edged dies, creating multiple frames-within-frames effect.
- 6. Stamp Petunia Pink cake at center of rectangle. Stamp Pink pigment flowers on cake; stamp Spanish Olive leaves. Dot flower centers with white paint. Adhere stamped piece to card.