Dainty Decoupaged Purse
- Wooden purse with removable latch and bamboo handle
- Natural muslin
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Espresso
- Coco Collection (Webster’s Pages): Cream Puff; Graham Cracker
- Cream and light blue silk ribbon (Creative Impressions)
- Stamp sets (Crafty Secrets): Bird Lovers; Bird Notes
- Brilliance Ink (Tsukineko): Pearlescent Beige; Pearlescent Thyme; Coffee Bean
- Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders): Scalloped Rectangle
- Wizard Embossing and Die Cutting Machine (Spellbinders)
- E-Z Runner Scrapbook Adhesives (3L)
- Royal Coat Découpage Finish (Plaid); Satin Finish
- Small screwdriver set
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. Remove handle and hardware from purse. Trace front and back of purse onto back of Graham Cracker paper. Cut out and découpage to purse. Cut a strip of Cream Puff designer paper to same width of back of purse; découpage to back. Repeat for the front edge of purse. Cut a thin strip of Cream Puff paper, tie a cream ribbon bow around one end and adhere to front of purse using E-Z Runner. Set aside.
- 2. Cut a rectangle from muslin. Using a variety of Brilliance Ink colors, stamp bird, branch and crown images. Let dry. Cut a length from light blue ribbon and sew down the middle using a basting stitch on sewing machine. (Note: Hand sew basting stitch if preferred.) Pull one thread to create a gather in ribbon. Pin in place around edges of muslin rectangle, keeping gathers even along entire edge. Stitch in place on muslin material.
- 3. Die cut scalloped rectangle from Espresso cardstock. Adhere muslin rectangle to scalloped rectangle, and scalloped rectangle to purse. Reattach handle and hardware.