Wine Cork Accent
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
size: 8" diameter
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Foam Ball, 4” diameter
- FloraCraft Design It: SimpleStyle Burlap Garland, 5”-wide
- Wine corks, 3/4”-7/8”x2”, 50-60
- Wooden tray, 12”x18”
- Design Master ColorTool Almond Spray Color
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- newspaper (to cover work surface), large cardboard box
- 1. Spray paint foam ball in cardboard box on protected work surface in well-ventilated area. Let dry.
- 2. Press bottom of one cork into foam ball gently to make 1/4" deep indentation. Remove cork from ball. Apply hot glue to cork end and adhere to ball in same indentation. (Note: Visualize center of ball and position first cork straight out from that center.)
- 3. Repeat process with second cork, placing 1/4" away on surface of ball from first cork. (Note: The distance between corks on outer sphere will be about 1".) Repeat with third cork, creating triangular formation on ball surface. (Note: Consider each added cork as third point to complete triangle. This will keep distance uniform for all corks.) Continue adding corks until ball is covered.
- 4. Cut two 24" lengths of garland. Fray ends by removing several strands. Arrange garlands and cork accent inside tray.