Wine Bottle Vases
size: 12" tall
- Recycled wine bottle
- Recycled metal juice can lid
- Coordinating papers, two
- Round pearl beads: 4mm; 6mm; 8mm
- Coordinating assorted glass beads
- Silver wire, 20-gauge
- Leafing Pen: Silver (Krylon)
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Red ink pad
- Circle template
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Scrap wood block
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- 1. Remove wine bottle label. Wash and dry bottle and juice can lid. Use hammer and nail to punch two holes in lid close to edge, 2" apart, at top for hanger. Punch one, three, or five holes, evenly spaced, at center bottom of lid for bead droplets.
- 2. For bead droplet, cut 2", 3", or 4" wire length. Use pliers to make loop at one wire end. Place pearl and glass beads on wire as desired. Bend remaining wire end over slightly. Insert wire through lid bottom hole, then bend wire end until it touches top of last bead. Make remaining droplets.
- 3. For hanger loops on top sides of ornament, cut 1-1/2" wire length. Bend one end into tiny loop. Place pearl bead on wire. Bend remaining end of wire over slightly. Insert wire through hole on top side of lid, then bend wire end until it touches pearl bead.
- 4. For hanger, cut 6" wire length. Bend wire ends over slightly. Insert wire ends through beaded wire loops on lid. Bend wire ends into tiny loops to secure.
- 5. Write desired word on paper; cut into 2-1/4" circle. Draw 2" circle around word with black marker. Antique circle edges red, then sand edges for distressed look. Glue circle to lid.
- 6. Cut 4"x height needed to cover straight bottle neck paper strip. Edge 4" sides with leafing pen. Wrap and glue paper strip around bottle neck, overlapping ends in back.