Vintage Patchwork Gift Pot
Hot Off The Press
size: 6" tall
- Clay pot, 6” tall
- Flea Market Fabrics*: sarapapers; Embellish-abilities
- Ivory cardstock
- Wooden floral pick, 6” long
- Ivory acrylic paint
- Sharpie Black Pen (Sanford)
- Glue Dots (Glue Dots International)
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue (API)
- *Products by Hot Off The Press
- 1. Lightly sand pot; wipe dust. Basecoat pot ivory; let dry.
- 2. Cut out several 3" squares from assorted patterned papers; tear edges. Use Mod Podge to adhere squares overlapping around sides of pot. Apply another coat of Mod Podge over papers.
- 3. Draw zigzag stitch lines over seams between squares.
- 4. Fold back 1/2" portions of a length of pink grosgrain ribbon over onto itself and secure pulled back sections with mini brads. Adhere ribbon along top, under lip of pot to conceal paper edges.
- 5. Cut four 2-1/4" ivory cardstock squares. Mat on 2-1/2" squares of green textured paper. Use painted or great big brads to attach pink or blue silk flower to center of each square. Use glue to adhere squares evenly spaced around pot.
- 6. Trim two 1"-long pink texture paper strips; fold in half to create small loops. Cut very thin pink texture paper strips and thread through two pink buttons. Add one button to each loop, then adhere to pot.
- 7. Cut out pink envelope and fold, leaving flap open. Cut out pink texture tag. Write "Thinking of You!" on vellum and adhere to tag. Draw stitch lines around tag edges.
- 8. Create ribbon loop at top of tag and attach with brad. Add tag to top of wooden floral pick. Fill pot as desired and insert pick inside pot.
- 1. Try this same "patchwork" technique to decorate pots for other holidays and occasions.
- Gift Ideas
- 1. Candy
- 2. Cookies
- 3. Assorted tea bags & biscuits
- 4. Potpourri
- 5. Bath salts or fizzies
- 6. Seed packets and gardening supplies