Stamped Frame & Album
sizes: frame, 8" square; album, 5" square
- FOR BOTH:
- Cardstock: white; black
- Black glass E beads, 6/0
- Silver sequins, 8mm
- Wooden frame, 8” square with 3-1/4” opening
- Black-and-white photo
- Papier-Mâché Postcards, 5” square, two (Walnut Hollow)
- Patterned black/white paper (for inside covers)
- White paper (inside pages), 4-3/4” square
- Black/white check ribbon, 3/8”, 20” length
- Silver loose leaf rings, 3/4”, two
- Silver eyelets, 3/16”, four
- FOR BOTH:
- Rhonna Farrer Clear Stamps: Swirls (Autumn Leaves)
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Lamp Black (DecoArt)
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Black ink pad
- Clear acrylic stamping block
- Black permanent markers: fine-tip; medium-tip
- Black sewing or quilting thread
- 1. Lightly sand frame; wipe dust. Paint inside and outside edges, and back of frame Lamp Black; let dry.
- 2. Cut white cardstock 1" larger on all sides than frame front. Use pencil to draw straight line horizontally across cardstock. Place flower or swirl stamp on acrylic block close to an edge. Stamp image one time on paper with black ink, aligning edge of acrylic block with pencil line. Stamp image on paper again with design touching or overlapping first image, aligning edge of block with pencil line again. Continue stamping in same way across entire width of paper, creating a repetitive pattern. Quick Tip: Draw pencil line and practice on scrap paper first for best results.
- 3. Draw line or several lines with marker above and below stamped pattern.
- 4. Continue stamping pattern rows and drawing lines between rows in same way as Steps 2 and 3 until entire sheet of paper is covered.
- 5. Place stamped paper on work surface with right side facing down and frame on paper with right side facing down. Trace inside and outside edge of frame on paper with pencil; cut out. Cut paper around frame opening in one piece if using for album cover.
- 6. Use pencil to mark hole placement for beads around inside and outside paper frame edges, 1/8" from edge and 3/8" apart. (Note: Measure from center of each side for symmetrical spacing.) Insert needle through each pencil mark to pre-punch holes.
- 7. To sew sequin and bead to each hole, insert needle through hole in paper, through sequin, through bead, then back through sequin and paper. Glue thread ends to back as needed.
- 8. Spread glue on paper frame back; adhere to frame. Place photo inside frame.
- 1. Paint postcard edges Lamp Black; let dry.
- 2. Cut two 5" squares from black cardstock and glue to one side of postcards for front and back covers. Glue 2" ribbon ends horizontally across center of inside covers with ribbon ends extending on right side. Cut two 5" patterned paper squares; glue to inside covers on top of ribbon ends.
- 3. Punch two evenly-spaced holes through left side of album covers and pages. Attach eyelets to front and back cover holes. Stack pages between covers. Attach loose leaf rings through holes to hold album together.
- 4. Stamp design on white cardstock square in same way as frame or use cut-out from frame opening (Step 5). Sew sequins and beads around edge of stamped square in same way as frame. Glue beaded square to cover.