Gold Christmas Gift Box
Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)
Create a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift-giving box to showcase a special gift for a friend.
- Cream pearl cardstock
- Gold Mirri Board
- Gold glitter snowflake Christmas tree ornament
- Gold brad
- String pearls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine (452255)*
- Dies*: Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities (125156), Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace (HCD 747)
- Heartfelt Creations Pre-Cut Stamp Sets*: Festive Christmas Background (HCPC 3624), Petite Poinsettia (HCPC 3415)
- McGill Paper Tools*: Paper Blossoms Tool Kit (459222), Paper Blossoms Molding Mat (159223), Paper Shaping Tools and Piercing Mat (048749)
- Embossing ink pad
- Gold embossing powder
- Adhesives: dimensional foam pads, tacky glue, hot glue gun with glue sticks, dimensional clear adhesive dots
- * Products available from Heartfelt Creations
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, heat tool, embossing pad, paper piercer
- 1. Gift box size is approximately 5"x8"x5".
- Gold Christmas Gift Box
- 1. Cut two 7"x10-1/4" cardstock panels. Along 10-1/4" edge of each panel, score at 1/4" and 5-1/4"; fold at score lines. Adhere 1/4" flap of one panel inside 7" edge of other panel; repeat to form box walls.
- 2. Cut 8" square cardstock panel. Score 1-1/2" from all sides. At corners, score lines form squares. Cut slit along only one score line at each corner from edge to next score line to form flaps and sides. Fold sides up and adhere flaps inside adjoining side to form box base. Slide base inside main box and adhere.
- 3. Repeat Step 2 using 8-1/4" square cardstock panel to form lid.
- 4. Cut four 4-5/8"x6-3/4" cardstock panels. Stamp with sentiment collage, apply embossing powder, and heat set. Cut four 4-3/4"x6-7/8" gold board panels. Mat stamped panels with gold board; adhere matted panels to box sides using foam pads.
- 5. Cut 4-3/4" square gold board panel and 4-1/2" square cardstock panel. Mat cardstock square with gold square, adhering with foam pads. Adhere matted panel to lid using foam pads.
- 6. Adhere pearl string along edge of cardstock panel on lid and edge of box lid using glue gun.
- 7. Stamp poinsettias on cream cardstock, apply embossing powder, heat set, and die cut out. Shape petals as desired. Adhere petal layers together and add gold brad in center.
- 8. Adhere snowflake ornament to center of box using clear adhesive dots. Adhere poinsettia to center of snowflake ornament using clear adhesive dots.
- 1. Watch this video to learn how to align stamps with their corresponding dies to create the poinsettia flower: youtube.com/watch?v=6U3QfWexXZ8