Frosty the Snowman Favors
size: 4" tall
- Recycled pudding or fruit cup
- Cardstock: blue, white, orange cardstock
- White tissue paper
- Self-adhesive snowflakes
- Blue dot ribbon, 1/4”-wide, 8” length
- Paper crimper
- Circle template, 2-1/2”
- Black dimensional paint
- White or clear glitter
- Découpage medium
- Thick white tacky glue
- scissors, toothpicks, newspaper (to cover work surface), flat paintbrush
- 1. Note: Instructions are for one favor.
- 2. Wash and dry cup. Tear tissue paper into small pieces. On covered work surface, use brush to apply découpage medium to outside of cup. Press tissue pieces onto cup, applying paper and then medium to cover. Let dry. Apply another coat of medium; sprinkle glitter onto sides of cup. Let dry.
- 3. Cut 2-1/2" circle from blue cardstock for hat brim; adhere to cup bottom. Cut 4"x2" rectangle from blue cardstock; run through paper crimper. Roll into cylinder, overlapping ends to adhere as shown. Apply glue to one edge of cylinder; press onto hat brim and hold until dry. For hatband, cut ribbon length to fit around cylinder base; adhere ends together. Press on snowflakes.
- 4. Tie remaining ribbon into knot and adhere around neck area; trim ends. Cut triangle from orange cardstock for carrot nose; adhere to face. Use toothpick to add black paint for eyes and mouth. Let dry.
- 5. Fill cup with small treats. Adhere white cardstock square to rim of cup and let dry. Trim around edges, leaving tab in back for child to pull open and get treats.
- 1. When adding glitter, hold project over a pan so that excess glitter can be collected and returned to its container.