- 12-pocket Monthly Accordion File with white dividers (available at any office store)
- Black and white paisley paper, 12” square, two sheets (Bo-Bunny Press)
- Cardstock: black; white
- Silver picture hangers and twelve mini brads (Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials)
- Silver loose leaf rings, 3/4”, eight
- Silver round eyelets, 3/16”, four
- Black/white stripe grosgrain ribbon, 1”, 17” lengths, two
- Hole punch, 3/16”
- Cutting mat and scoring blade
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and printer
- Sewing machine and black thread
- 1. Cut paisley paper to fit front and back of accordion file, adding 1" to top. Score paper 1" from top edges and crease to fold over to inside.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2"x5-1/2" black cardstock rectangle. Use computer to print three-letter monogram on white cardstock, making center letter larger. Cut 3"x5" rectangle centered around monogram. Glue white rectangle to center of black rectangle. Glue assembled black and white rectangle to center front of one paisley rectangle. Machine sew two evenly spaced lines around white rectangle edge.
- 3. Attach photo hangers and mini brads symmetrically to top and bottom of white rectangle as shown.
- 4. Glue paisley rectangles to front and back of file.
- 5. Punch 3/16" holes in front and back of folder, 3/4" from top edge and 3-1/2" in from sides (place cutting mat under cover that is being punched). Glue eyelets in holes. Attach loose leaf ring to each hole.
- 6. (Note: If black/white ribbon is not available, sew 5/8"-wide black ribbon to center of both sides of 1"-wide white ribbon.) Fold ribbon ends over 1/2", then fold over 1/2" again. Machine sew straight stitch close to folded ends (sew several times to secure stitching). Insert loose leaf ring through stitched ribbon ends and file rings to attach handles.