Wax Resist Holiday Greetings
sizes: season's greetings, 6" across; merry christmas, 5-1/2"x5-1/2
- Cardstock: white; glossy white; bright blue; dark brown; ivory
- Waxed paper, 5-1/4”x5-1/4”
- Ivory adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft)
- Decorative metal snowflake brad
- Sheer ribbon: 5/8” blue; 1/4” brown
- Embroidery floss: blue; brown
- Clear stamp sets: Winter Trees Perfectly Clear (Stampendous); Winter Birds (Inkadinkado); Holiday Messages Sparkle Clear (Hero Arts)
- Ink pads: Hydrangea Blue and Timber Brown StazOn (Tsukineko); VersaMark (Tsukineko); Adirondack Lights Cool Peri (Ranger)
- Embossing powder (Ranger): Queen’s Gold; Ancient Golds Enchanted Gold
- Brown colored pencil
- Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger): Crystal; Waterfall
- Something Old, Something New Corner Punch (Fiskars)
- Shapes Circle Templates and Ultra Shape Express Cutter (Fiskars)
- Die-cutting machine
- Nestabilities Labels 2 dies (Spellbinders)
- Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Iron and hard, heat-proof surface
- Heat gun
- Foam sponge
- Dimensional adhesive tape
- Season's Greetings
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to emboss waxed paper with snowflakes texture.
- 2. Cut two 5" bright blue cardstock circles, one 4-1/2" glossy white circle and one 6" white circle.
- 3. Remove guide from corner rounder punch and turn punch cutting side up. Place one blue circle in punch with cardstock edges touching metal "V"; squeeze. For second punch, leave a bit of metal edge visible on left side of punch next to first punched lace design. Line up same as first punch, on edge of cardstock. Continue until border is complete.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 on large white circle.
- 5. Set up iron on medium heat with no steam. Place embossed side of remaining waxed paper on glossy side of 4-1/2" circle. Place pieces of scrap paper under glossy circle and over waxed paper to protect iron. Iron paper for two minutes. Remove top piece of scrap paper and waxed paper. Set aside waxed paper for Merry Christmas card.
- 6. Sponge Cool Peri ink over glossy circle; use dry paper towel to rub off excess onto scrap cardstock under circle. Place glossy circle between two pieces of scrap cardstock and iron for two more minutes to remove wax resist.
- 7. Stamp brown trees on resist background; stamp taller trees a second time, slightly off center, for shadow effect. Stamp brown deer at bottom between trees and again on white cardstock scrap. Color deer on scrap with brown pencil; cut out and adhere to background with bit of foam tape. Stamp Hydrangea sentiment near top. Accent treetops with glitter glue; let dry.
- 8. Adhere blue lace circle to center of white lace circle with foam tape. Tie blue ribbon around both layers and secure at right with blue floss. Adhere stamped circle to center of layered circles.
- 9. Score remaining blue circle 1" from top and adhere to center back of white lace circle to create back of card.
- Merry Christmas
- 1. Make side-fold dark brown card base.
- 2. Center 3-3/4"-square labels die over waxed paper square and cut out center. Cut a 3-1/4"-square label shape from ivory cardstock. Emboss edges of ivory label using embossing mat in die-cut machine.
- 3. Use watermark ink to stamp sentiment at top left; heat emboss Queen's Gold. Stamp and emboss bird at lower right in same way.
- 4. Place waxed paper on scrap cardstock to protect work surface. Sponge watermark ink over embossed waxed paper; heat emboss Enchanted Gold. Accent lower left corner with snowflake brad and pearls.
- 5. Cut a 5-1/4" brown cardstock square; center 3-3/4" square labels die over square and cut out center to create "frame."
- 6. Adhere wax paper to cardstock frame. Wrap three lengths of brown ribbon around right side and tie off with brown floss. Adhere frame to front of card using foam tape.
- 7. Adhere ivory stamped label to center of card.