Sending a Little Christmas Ornament & Card
sizes: card, 4-3/4"x4-3/4"; ornament, 4-1/2"x3-1/2"
- Cardstock: Core’dinations Great White; My Favorite Things Sno Cone, Electric Red
- Thin cardboard
- Stampin’ Up Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Die cutting machine and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Rectangle STAX Set 1, Oval STAX Set 1, Pierced Oval STAX, Icicle Border
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Pure Innocence Sending You a Little Christmas, LJD Howdy, DC Christmas Ornaments
- Ink pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; My Favorite Things Wild Cherry, Sno Cone
- Imagination International X-Press It Blending Card
- Imagination International COPIC Markers: BV000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E41, E42, R01, R24, R29, R89, Y21, YG91, YG93, YG95, W00, W1, W3
- Glitter pens: Imagination International AtYou Spica Red, Lemon; Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Clear
- Imagination International X-Press It Adhesives: 1/2" Double-Sided Foam Tape, 1/2” High Tack Double-Sided Tape
- paper trimmer, scissors, pencil, removable tape, ruler
- 1. Using largest Oval STAX Set 1 die, cut three ovals from Electric Red cardstock and two ovals from thin cardboard.
- 2. Adhere cardboard ovals together. Using R89 marker, ink edges. Adhere one cardstock oval to each side of cover.
- 3. Stamp Black Tuxedo image on Blending Card. Color image with markers. (Note: For more detailed instructions, see coloring instructions below.) Using Red glitter pen, add dots to tree ornaments. Using Lemon glitter pen, color star. Add sparkle to scarf, mittens, and hat/boot trim using Clear glitter pen.
- 4. Stamp Sno Cone snowflakes around colored image. Using Clear glitter pen, add dots to each snowflake center. Die cut image using largest Pierced Oval die. Mat image with remaining cardstock oval.
- 5. Cut 11" length of ribbon; fold in half. Place ends in center of back panel, adhering with Double-Sided Tape. Using Foam Tape, adhere stamped panel to back panel, covering ribbon ends.
- 6. Cut 14" ribbon length; tie in bow around ribbon hanger. Trim ends.
- 1. Make 4-3/4" square top-fold card from Great White cardstock.
- 2. Using Rectangle, die cut 3-1/2"x2-1/4" window from card front, 1-3/4" from bottom edge of card.
- 3. With card closed, very lightly trace window opening to inside of card with pencil.
- 4. To create window "frame", die cut 3-7/8"x2-5/8" rectangle with 3-1/2"x2-1/4" Rectangle from Great White cardstock. (Note: Use removable tape to align dies and hold in place on cardstock.) Discard center or save for another use.
- 5. Cut thin 7" strip of Great White cardstock; divide into 3" and 4" lengths. Center strips in window frame for cross-grid. Adhere to back of frame. Trim as necessary.
- 6. Die cut Icicle Border from Sno Cone cardstock. Trim to 3-3/4" length. Center strip on card front above window opening. Trim away most of top edge, leaving 1/4" for adhering. Adhere to card front.
- 7. Cut 4" length of foam tape. Divide into thin strips and adhere to back side of window frame.
- 8. Aligning frame and card openings; adhere frame to card front.
- 9. Using Tuxedo Black ink, stamp sentiment below window. Stamp Wild Cherry accent swirls on both sides of sentiment.
- 10. Using Tuxedo Black ink, stamp image inside card, positioning with pencil marks. Erase pencil completely. (Note: Avoid using pink erasers because color can transfer to white cardstock.)
- 11. Color image with markers. (Note: For more detailed instructions, see coloring instructions below.) Using Red glitter pen, add dots to tree ornaments. Using Lemon glitter pen, color star. Add sparkle to scarf, mittens, and hat/boot trim using Clear glitter pen.
- 12. Stamp Sno Cone snowflakes around colored image. Using Clear glitter pen, add dots to each snowflake center.
- Coloring Instructions
- 1. Color face and legs using E00. Add shadow to left side of face and legs using E11. Blend edges with E00. Lightly outline left sides of face and legs using BV000; blend edges with E00. Add cheek color using R01, sweeping marker from outside edge of face toward center. Blend edges with E00. See Photo 1.
- 2. Color scarf, mittens and hat/boot trims with dots of E41, leaving some white to show as highlights. In deeper shadow areas, add dots of E42. See Photo 2.
- 3. Color hat, coat and boots, one section at a time, using R24. Add shadow with R29, then blend edges with R24. Add darker shadow with R89, blend edges with R29. See Photo 3.
- 1. Recycled cereal boxes are a great source for thin cardboard.