Holiday Altered Canvas
Holiday Altered Canvas
- Wrapped canvas, 8”x8”
- Cardstock: deep red, green, ivory, dark brown
- Bazzill Basics Antique Papers Collection Sheet Music paper
- Zva Creative White Double Pearl Swirls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Spellbinders Die Templates: Nestabilities Grand Decorative Labels One (LF-018), Grand Stately Circles (LF-019); Shapeabilities Spiral Blossom One (SF-351), 2013 Snowflake Pendant (S5-185), Bitty Blossoms (S5-086), Mix’d Media Elements (S5-085)
- Gina K. Designs Hope Grows Stamp Set
- Ink pads: tan, brown, green yellow
- Rose glimmer spray
- Pearlescent white craft paint
- Découpage medium
- Adhesives: paper glue, foam squares
- sponge dauber, paintbrush, paper trimmer, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Crumple patterned paper; smooth out.
- 2. Using découpage medium, affix crumpled paper to canvas, overlapping and trimming corners.
- 3. Apply light wash of pearlescent paint over découpaged paper.
- 4. Using Decorative Labels One, die cut/emboss #2 from green cardstock; adhere to canvas. Die cut/emboss #1 from deep red cardstock; adhere to green die cut.
- 5. Using Grand Stately Circles, die cut/emboss #1 from ivory cardstock. Using die template as stencil, lightly apply green ink to center of circle with sponge dauber as shown. Stamp green leaves on circle; adhere to deep red die cut.
- 6. Using Mix'd Media Elements, die cut/emboss bird and wing from ivory cardstock and branch from dark brown cardstock. Using die templates as stencils, lightly apply inks to die cuts with sponge daubers. Adhere branch to circle. Assemble bird and adhere to branch and circle with foam squares.
- 7. Using Spiral Blossoms, die cut two #2 flowers from ivory cardstock and one from deep red cardstock. Using Spiral Blossoms, die cut two #3 flowers from ivory cardstock. Roll flowers into spirals and adhere to base. Flair petals. On covered work surface, spray one small and two large ivory flowers with rose glimmer spray.
- 8. Using Spiral Blossom One, die cut flower from burgundy cardstock, roll into spiral and adhere to base. Flair petals.
- 9. Adhere pearl embellishments to canvas. Adhere flowers to canvas with foam squares as shown.
- 10. Using Snowflake Pendant, die cut #1, #2, and #3 snowflakes from ivory cardstock. Using die templates as stencils, lightly apply tan ink to die cuts with sponge daubers. Adhere to canvas as desired.
- 1. When applying glimmer spray, holding the bottle further away from your flower will give you lighter coverage, while holding it closer will give more solid coverage.