Capture Life's Moments Stamped Card
My Creative Classroom
Explore new techniques when you stamp, color, and embellish this winter beauty.
- 7gypsies Conservatory Mesa Fauna Patterned Paper
- Pink Paislee Fancy Filigree Patterned Paper
- Papertrey Ink: Cream Cardstock, Cream Ribbon, and Twine
- Vintage Sheet Music Paper and Doily
- Scrap of Black Cardstock
- Blank Kraft Card Base
- Maya Road Chipboard Snowflake Set
- Advantus Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands
- Martha Stewart Crafts Adhesive Pearls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Snowflake Pendant Die (S4-286)
- Impression Obsession Sled Wood Stamp (H1796)
- Sakura: Koi Watercolor Paints, Small Round Brushes
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Tsukineko Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad
- Stampin’ Up! White Craft Ink Pad
- Sparkling Crystal Glitter
- Iridescent Spray Mist
- Sewing Machine and Cream Thread
- Distressing Tool
- Helmar ScrapDots Adhesive
- Aleene’s Tacky Craft Glue
- Glue Stick
- scissors, ruler, paper towel, hair dryer, foam tape (optional)
- 1. Stamp image on cream cardstock with black StazOn ink.
- 2. Use Sakura Koi Watercolor Paints and the small round paintbrushes to paint the image. Let dry.
- 3. Spray doily with iridescent spray; add blue watercolor paint to wet doily. Let dry or dry with a hairdryer.
- 4. Trim image and distress edges if desired.
- 5. Cut patterned papers to size and mat. (4-7/8"x6-7/8" and 4-3/4"x6-3/4")
- 6. Add doily to the matted papers so the bottom and sides touch the bottom and sides of the smallest piece of patterned paper.
- 7. Measure your stamped image and trim a piece of black cardstock slightly larger. Add to your card, lining it up so the top and sides have the same amount of space.
- 8. Use the glue stick to adhere the vintage sheet music paper to a piece of cream cardstock. Let dry. Use the Snowflake Pendant from Spellbinders to cut out a vintage sheet music snowflake.
- 9. Brush the snowflake with watered down Tacky Glue and sprinkle with crystal glitter. Let dry.
- 10. Press the chipboard snowflakes into the White ink pad to coat them with ink. Let dry and brush with Tacky Glue and sprinkle with crystal glitter. Let dry and spritz with Iridescent Spray.
- 11. Use your finger to spread a thickish layer of blue acrylic paint over the Metal Word Bands and let sit for a few moments. Make sure the paint sinks into the grooves of each letter. Wipe excess away paint. Let dry. When dry, buff the rest of the paint with a paper towel to remove it from the band.
- 12. When the sheet music snowflake is dry, layer it over the top of the doily; center it if desired, or place it to the left as shown.
- 13. Add the trimmed, distressed image to the top of the black cardstock at an angle to let the cardstock show through a little.
- 14. Wrap a piece of cream grosgrain ribbon around the panel, if desired.
- 15. Add some straight stitching with a sewing machine if desired. If not, make sure you have plenty of adhesive to keep your panel together.
- 16. Use the twine to tie the Word Band to the panel; a little strip of Foam Tape will elevate it a little, but this is optional.
- 17. Add the panel to the Kraft Card Base and stitch around the edge to secure in place.
- 18. To attach the glittered snowflakes, place a dollop of Helmar ScrapDots on the back of each one and press into position on the card. If the glue comes out the center of the snowflake, cover with an adhesive pearl.
- 19. Add some clear glitter to the roof and other areas of the stamped image for a complete winter look; set your card aside to dry.