My Favorite Things
Count down to Christmas with this interactive Advent Calendar filled with hidden surprises.
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Gumdrop Green, Wild Cherry, Primitive White
- Kraft paper or paper grocery bag
- Advent items (to use as filler)
- Die-cutting machine
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Document It – Holiday Traditions, Sheet Music Background, Max Alphabet
- My Favorite Things Premium Dye Ink Pads: Black Licorice, Electric Red, Gumdrop Green
- My Favorite Things Die-Namics LLD Accent-It Dies: Flags & Tags, Holiday Traditions Elements
- Paper crimper
- Adhesives: strips, foam dimensional tape
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, stapler
- 1. Size is 2-1/2"x4".
- Advent Calendar
- 1. Using My Favorite Things Die-Namics Holiday Traditions Elements, die cut 25 circles from Primitive White cardstock. Die cut 13 Wild Cherry and 12 Gumdrop Green flags using My Favorite Things Die-Namics Flags & Tags. Use paper trimmer to cut 25 panels of kraft paper measuring 4-1/4"x5-1/2".
Tutorial Step 1
- 2. Using Black Licorice ink, stamp each kraft panel with Sheet Music Background.
Tutorial Step 2
- 3. Stamp each Primitive White circle with the "Dec" sentiment, using Gumdrop Green ink for 12 and Electric Red ink for 13. Using Black Licorice ink, stamp numbers 1 through 25 on each circle with Max Alphabet stamps.
Tutorial Step 3
- 4. On back of kraft panel, apply adhesive strip along one short side. Apply second strip halfway up long side from corner of first strip. Apply third adhesive strip in center of opposite long side.
Tutorial Step 4
- 5. Remove backing from short side adhesive strip and adhere short ends together to form cylinder.
Tutorial Step 5
- 6. Remove backing from second strip and press end of cylinder closed. Fill cylinder with desired Advent items (candy, bible verse, etc.)
Tutorial Step 6
- 7. Remove backing from third piece and press packet closed in opposite direction as first end.
Tutorial Step 7
- 8. Reinforce each end by crimping 1/2".
Tutorial Step 8
- 9. Repeat Steps 4-8 for all kraft panels.
- 10. Staple one Accent It Flag to end of each container.
Tutorial Step 9
- 11. Adhere Accent It Holiday Traditions stamped circle to top of each flag using foam tape.
Tutorial Step 10
Tutorial Step 11
- 1. To hang Advent Calendar containers on a tree or banner, add a loop of string around the foam tape before adhering the medallion to the container.