Strawberry Card & Gift Box
June is unofficially Strawberry Month, so let the colors and flavors of the season inspire a delicious card and gift combination.
- Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Cardstock: White, Grass Green, Cherry Red
- Lily Bee Design Christmas Cheer 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Rhinestones: medium yellow, small red
- May Arts Red/White Baker’s Twine
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: (Shapeabilities) Square Petal Top Box (LF-012), Anemone Flower Topper (S5-067), Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms (S5-050); (Nestabilities) Decorative Elements Lacey Squares (S4-295), Classic Squares LG (S4-126), Long Classic Rectangles LG (S4-142), Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles LG (S4-143)
- Gina K. Designs Stamp Sets: Sweet Strawberries, Vogue Vases 2
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Sketch Markers
- Art Institute Glitter Ultrafine Crystal Glitter
- Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares; Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, 1/8” and 1/4"
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, printer paper
- 1. Card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; box, 2-3/4"x2-3/4"x1-1/4"
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" white top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/4"-square red cardstock panel; score horizontally every 1/8". Adhere to card, 1/4" from bottom edge.
- 3. Cut wide strip of desired patterned paper and mat on white cardstock, leaving narrow border at top edge only. Adhere to card front, 1/4" from bottom edge.
- 4. Adhere strip of 1/8"-wide Scor-Tape along top edge of patterned strip, sprinkle with glitter, and tap off excess. (Note: Apply glitter over printer paper, tap excess onto paper, fold, and carefully return excess glitter to jar for future use.)
- 5. Wrap twine twice around card front and tie bow at right side.
- 6. Die cut/emboss Bitty Blossom flower shapes from white cardstock. Shape with fingers and adhere layers together using liquid glue; let dry. Adhere flower to twine bow; adhere yellow rhinestone to flower center.
- 7. Stamp strawberry image onto white cardstock, color with markers, and die cut into square, cutting through portions of image that extend beyond edges. Use photo as guide.
- 8. Adhere strips of 1/8"-wide Scor-Tape along sides of stamped square; sprinkle with glitter.
- 9. Stamp strawberry image again onto white cardstock; color portions of image that extend beyond edges of original die-cut image square. Detail cut pieces and adhere to main image.
- 10. Die cut/emboss green cardstock Lacey Square; layer and adhere squares to card using foam square. Place foam square beneath extended image pieces if needed.
- 11. Cut narrow 4-1/4"-long red cardstock strip; adhere to bottom of patterned paper strip.
- 12. To finish inside of card, cut wide red cardstock strip; adhere inside card, 1/4" from bottom edge. Cut patterned paper strip, mat on white cardstock in same way as card front, and adhere inside card.
- 13. Stamp image and sentiment onto white cardstock, color, and die cut/emboss into long rectangle. Die cut/emboss green scalloped rectangle. Layer and adhere rectangles together; adhere inside card using foam squares.
- Gift Box
- 1. Die cut/emboss box and tag from white cardstock. Fold box on scored lines and adhere sides.
- 2. Adhere strips of 1/4"-wide Scor-Tape along top and bottom edges of box, sprinkle with glitter, and tap off excess.
- 3. Die cut/emboss box accents from patterned paper. Adhere accents to box sides; adhere small negative-space pieces to bottom of tag. Stamp sentiment on tag; adhere two small rhinestones to end.
- 4. Die cut/emboss two Anemone Flower Topper layers from red cardstock and patterned paper; adhere to box top so box will still open.
- 5. In same way as card, make and adhere white Bitty Blossoms flower to larger flower layers.
- 6. Tie tag to box with twine, tucking edge under flowers.
- 1. Transform the card design into a wrap for homemade strawberry jam for June gift-giving. Visit Pick Your Own (dot) Org to find local strawberry farms if you don't grow your own.