Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces White Gloss Paper, 8-1/2”x11”
Coordinating blue silk ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide
Purple craft wire, 26-gauge
Ranger Dylusions Stamp Sets: Love Struck Lucy, How Does Your Garden Grow, Bordering on the Edge, Quintessential Quotes, Bags of Bunting, Ruby Rainbow
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Grid Blocks
Ranger Dylusions 5”x8” Stencils: Dotted Flowers, Letter Jumble
Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Mini Mister, Heat it Craft Tool, Pipette
Ranger Tim Holtz Fine Detail Tip Water Brushes, 10
Ranger Dylusions Ink Sprays: London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Lemon Zest, Bubblegum Pink, Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange, Fresh Lime, Crushed Grape, Melted Chocolate, Black Marble
Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
Ranger Inkssentials White Opaque Pen
Ranger Stickles Stardust Glitter Glue
Ranger Adhesives: Inkssentials Glossy Accents; Pop it Shapes Circles; Wonder Tape, 1/2” and Sheets
paper trimmer, detail scissors, craft knife and self-healing cutting mat, ruler, pencil, paper towel roll, wire cutters
1. Cut two 6-1/4"x8-1/4" gloss paper pieces. (Note: Cut paper slightly longer than cover in case it goes on crooked; trim with craft knife after it is adhered.)
2. Working on non-stick craft sheet, place one piece of gloss paper matte side up. Randomly spritz with London Blue ink spray, leaving white spaces in between. Spritz white areas Vibrant Turquoise.
3. Fill Mini Mister with water. Spray water over inked paper to blend colors. Lift paper up and move around to blend inks further.
4. Place paper on craft sheet and blot excess by rocking a paper towel roll over top.
5. Place Letter Jumble stencil so 8" edge is horizontal and letters are at top of paper. Mask flowers on stencil, and any exposed area of the paper, with scrap cardstock. Spritz water through stencil openings. Wait 15 seconds for ink to start reacting with water and, with stencil still in place, blot excess water with paper towel roll. Remove stencil and blot with paper towel roll again. Ink will lift where stencil was.
6. Repeat Step 5 two more times until entire paper piece is covered. Dry with heat tool. (Note: For more variation in background, do not mask stencil before spritzing.)
7. Place Dotted Flowers stencil at top of page with dots centered. Mask flowers and exposed areas of paper with scrap cardstock. Alternately spray London Blue and Vibrant Turquoise inks through stencil. With stencil still in place, blot excess ink with paper towel roll. Remove stencil and blot with paper towel roll again. Dry with heat tool. (Note: Instead of blotting excess ink with paper towels, blot extra ink onto blank pages inside journal to start backgrounds.)
8. Repeat Steps 2-7 on matte side of second paper piece. Choose one sheet for front cover; set aside second sheet for back cover.
9. Place Dotted Flowers stencil back on front cover page, matching stencil but moving it very slightly down and to right of initial design. Use White pen to trace all dots. (Note: Try tracing stencil with different pen colors, or try doodling in dots in addition to or instead of outlining.)
10. Place stamp from Bordering on the Edge set onto grid block. Ink stamp Jet Black and stamp horizontally 1/2" from top and right side of sprayed cover. Ink stamp again and stamp vertically, matching ends of stamp. Ink stamp once more and stamp image at bottom of page, matching ends again. Dry with heat tool.
11. Adhere covers to journal using 1/2" Wonder Tape along all four sides and across center. Place tape as close to edges as possible. Trim excess paper from edges with craft knife.
12. Cut 9" length from ribbon and 1-1/2"x9" strip from Wonder Tape sheet. Adhere tape to back of ribbon. Peel away liner and place ribbon centered on journal binding. Use scissors to cut two slits in ribbon from top edge to binding edge. Fold excess ribbon to inside of book, trimming to fit. Repeat at bottom of book.
1. On matte side of gloss paper, stamp following images with Jet Black ink: two small birds, nine small flowers, and three medium flowers from How Does Your Garden Grow; head and body from Love Struck Lucy; words from Quintessential Quotes; pennants from Bags of Bunting; umbrella from Ruby Rainbow.
2. Use pipette to fill each water brush with a different color of Dylusions inks; use brushes to color images, except words. Dry with heat tool. Detail cut images.
3. To make legs for bluebird, cut 2-1/2" purple wire length. Fold in half and bend up ends 1/4" to make feet. Attach legs to back of bird with Wonder Tape.
4. Using Glossy Accents, adhere small flower to top of each medium flower.
5. Using Glossy Accents, adhere stamped images to cover as shown. Use Pop it Circles to adhere umbrella top, bluebird, and medium flower in lower right corner.
6. Use glitter glue to highlight tops of pennants, flower centers, bird wings and tail feathers, and dots on dress and umbrella.
7. Use Glossy Accents to fill in random dots for raindrops on cover. Let dry.
1. To finish journal pages, visit www.rangerink.com for video tutorials, tips, and techniques for using Dylusions products.