Papers: Fancy Pants Designs Love Story Collection One Heart; Basic Grey Kissing Booth Collection Kissing 101, Oh Darling, Lip Lock; Crate Paper Random Collection Denim, Modern, Textile; Studio Calico Classic Calico Collection Vol. 1 Focal Point, Woodgrain
Spellbinders Jewel Tones Craft Foil
Vintage sewing pattern
Zva Creative Olive Basic Pearl Lines
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Edgeabilities Classic Decorative Inserts (One E8-009) and (Two E8-010), Classic Edges One (E8-007); Shapeabilities Bitty Blossoms (S5-086), Jewel Fantasies (S4-363), Mix’d Media Elements (S5-085), Moroccan Accents (S5-064)
Computer, printer, and Font Diner Homemade Apple Font
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, palette, sponge dauber, sanding block
1. Cut assorted paper pieces to cover canvas; adhere with Mod Podge. Let dry. Randomly ink surface with chalk inks to create distressed look; let dry.
2. Apply second coat of Mod Podge to canvas. Press sewing pattern paper to surface; let dry. Gently tear away excess paper at edges.
3. Thin white paint with water to create wash; apply over surface of canvas and let dry.
4. Using pencil and photo as guide, freehand sketch angel figure onto left side of canvas. Paint arms and neck flesh tone; paint wings white. Let dry. Paint wings again with Mod Podge; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
5. Cut dress to match sketch from Kissing 101 paper; adhere to canvas and seal edges with Mod Podge.
6. Sponge canvas edges Walnut Stain; drybrush with black acrylic paint. Outline figure and horizon line with black paint and liner brush. Let dry.
7. Using photo as guide, die cut/emboss Shapeabilities elements from assorted papers. Sponge edges Walnut Stain. Adhere sun and feathers to right corners of canvas with Mod Podge. Apply second coat of Mod Podge over shapes; let dry.
8. For apron, die cut/emboss two strips of Denim paper and one strip of Textile paper using scallop edge from Classic Edges One, Hearts Decorative Insert, and Flourishes Decorative Insert. Place strips over dress and trim to fit. Adhere strips to canvas with Mod Podge, curling up edges as paper dries. Apply Mod Podge to top of paper; let dry.
9. Adhere pearls around neckline. Adhere a few individual pearls to feather die cuts.
10. Die cut/emboss seven flowers from assorted papers. Roll shapes as indicated and adhere to canvas with glue gun.
11. Die cut/emboss heart from craft foil. Sand raised surface and color with gold pen. Adhere to figure with glue gun.
12. Touch up black outlines around apron with liner brush. Trace black lines with gold pen.
13. Format and print quote onto Soft White cardstock; cut into five pieces. Sponge edges Walnut Stain. Adhere to canvas with glue gun.
1. Use the paper-patch technique to create fast, easy backgrounds for everything from mixed-media art to scrapbook pages to cards. It's a great way to use up your scraps!