Stamp Art Bunny Box
size: 8-3/4" diameter, 5-1/4" tall
Stamp Art Bunny Box
Top of Lid
Border Around Lid
- Octagonal paper mâché box with lid, 5-1/4”x8-3/4”
- Heavy-weight cardstock, assorted pastel colors
- Printer-weight paper
- Ribbon, assorted pastel colors
- Buttons, assorted pastel colors
- Small white pom-poms
- Embossing powders: black; gold; white
- Adirondack Metallics Pearl Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Diamond Glaze (Judi-Kins)
- Decorating chalks
- Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger), several coordinating pastel colors
- Stamps (Safire Designs): Cotton Tail (H2177); Twinkle Toes (F2179); Large Fancy Egg Flowers (H2168); Large Fancy Egg Polka Dots (H2167); Easter Bunny Treats (E2171); Mini Fancy Eggs set (I2169); Medium Carrot (C2173); Carrot background (E2176); Bunny background (B2170)
- Big & Bossy Clear Embossing Ink Pad (Ranger)
- Dye ink pads: black; lavender; light green; medium green; light orange
- Anti-static embossing bag
- Pearl Ex Watercolor CD (Jacquard Products)
- Sponge dauber
- Bone folder
- Heat tool
- Sharp detail scissors
- Paper trimmer
- Adhesives: hi-temp hot glue gun; foam tape; Aleene’s Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- 1. Remove handle from box to make painting and assembly easier.
- 2. Use paint dabber and pouncing motion to paint 1/2"- to 3/4"-wide border around each section of box, including lid; let dry. Designer Tip: Pouncing motion helps create texture in the paint.
- 3. Measure box and cut eight large side panels, eight small side panels and one lid cover from assorted cardstocks. Emboss all edges with gold embossing powder. Designer Tip: To create patterns for box sections, place printer-weight paper over box and press along edges to create a duplicate shape; cut out and then use paper trimmer to trim sides of each panel, leaving 1/4" to 1/2" of box exposed around each shape.
- 4. Use decorating chalks to shade corners of all coordinating cardstock panels, using chalk shades slightly darker than panels.
- Dimensional Stamped Images
- 1. Use embossing pad to stamp and black emboss four each of two different large Easter eggs onto separate piece of pink cardstock.
- 2. Stamp and white emboss two large flower bunnies on pink cardstock. Stamp and gold emboss two more large flower bunnies on white cardstock.
- 3. Use black ink to stamp four leaping bunnies on white cardstock.
- 4. Chunk cut, not detail cut, all pieces from cardstock. Adhere each to separate piece of heavy-weight cardstock using Tacky Glue. Using bone folder like a squeegee, burnish paper from center out toward edges until images lay completely flat and glue seals paper edges. Set aside to dry for five minutes.
- 5. Using photos as guides, use watercolors to paint stamped pieces as follows: gold embossed bunnies, paint flowers pink; black embossed large eggs, paint assorted colors; leaping bunnies, paint nose and inner ear pink, paint feet and tail white. Apply various shades of brown chalk to bodies of leaping bunnies.
- 6. When paint dries, use various glitter glues to embellish stamped bunnies and eggs; apply glue only to tail and ears of leaping bunnies. Detail cut shapes from cardstock.
- Large Panels
- 1. Stamp two panels with grass in two shades of green ink to make leaping bunny backgrounds. Use green glitter glue to highlight a few grass blades and to make polka dot background in sky.
- 2. Stamp two panels with lavender mini bunny background. If desired, fill in some bunnies with Diamond Glaze to create dimension; let dry.
- 3. Stamp two panels with light orange carrot background. Use small brush to add orange/red chalk along one side of carrots and green chalk to stems. Highlight carrots and stems with glitter glues.
- 4. For last two panels, and lid panel, create polka dot backgrounds using various glitter glues; let dry.
- Small Panels
- 1. Stamp two panels with single lavender bunny from mini bunny background. Fill in with Diamond Glaze; let dry.
- 2. Stamp two panels with single black medium carrot; chalk and glitter carrot and background like large panels.
- 3. Stamp two panels with black "Orange & sweet" sentiment.
- 4. For last two panels, stamp and white emboss two small Easter eggs; dot background with glitter glue.
- 1. Use Tacky Glue to adhere all panels to box; let dry.
- 2. For each pair of large eggs, adhere first egg to mini bunny background panel or lid with Tacky Glue. Use foam tape to adhere second, egg above and overlapping first to create dimension. Tie ribbon bows and glue to top of raised eggs.
- 3. Use foam tape to adhere two leaping bunnies to lid between egg pairs. Adhere remaining bunnies to two large grassy panels with foam tape. Tie ribbon bows and glue to top of each panel.
- 4. Use glue gun to glue large flower bunnies to large carrot background and glitter glue polka dot background panels; hot glue pom-poms to tails.
- 5. Hot glue patterned ribbon around lid edge. Glue button to ribbon seam and to box panels as desired.
- 6. Replace box handle. Tie ribbon around handle.
- 1. Create coordinating gift tags to tie on Easter baskets.
- 2. Stamp a single carrot or egg onto cardstock, cut out and emboss with UTEE embossing powder (Ranger). Glue on a pin back to create wearable stamped art.
- 3. Tie Easter table napkins with pretty ribbon, then hang an embossed-and-colored stamped egg charm from each bow.