Provo Craft Cricut Expression 2 Electronic Cutting System and Cupcake Wrappers Cartridge
Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; API Crafter’s Pick Fabric Stiffener, The Ultimate Craft Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, straight pins
1. Follow cutting system manufacturer's instructions to cut several 1-1/2"-tall cupcake wrappers from assorted papers. Project will require approximately one-and-one-half sheets each of seven patterned papers.
2. Keeping cupcake wrappers grouped by paper design, use craft glue to adhere each set of wrappers together end-to-end to create seven long, coiled strips; let dry.
3. Beginning at bottom of first cone, and leaving 1/8" space between lower paper edge and base of cone, adhere one end of first wrapper strip to cone. Wrap strip around cone to meet beginning of strip; trim as needed and adhere end to secure.
4. Continue adding cupcake wrapper layers, one row at a time, alternating papers and working toward tip. Last row should wrap tip of cone completely; trim as needed.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each cone; cut additional cupcake wrappers as needed.
6. Use bow-making tool to create small, multi-loop bow for top of each tree as shown. Adhere trinket embellishment to each bow.
7. Apply fabric stiffener to various lengths of ribbon. Twist ribbon into corkscrews and pin each end to foam block while ribbon dries. Let dry completely.
8. Using photo as guide, adhere several ribbons to back of each bow using glue gun. Adhere bows to treetops using glue gun. Trim ribbons to desired lengths.
9. If desired, cut additional cupcake wrappers to create dessert display around trees; see inset photo.
1. Imagine trees in cream and white, various shades of green, metallic papers, or your favorite color.