Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tim Holtz Alterations Dies: On the Edge Scallops, Sizzlits Decorative Strip Paper Rosette
Martha Stewart Crafts Seal Punch
Plaid FolkArt Indigo Acrylic Paint
Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge Gloss, Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, clear dots, clear lines
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, printer paper, flat paintbrush, foam paintbrush, palette, binder clip, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Cut 4" length from paper towel tube. Paint inside of tube Indigo; let dry.
2. Using foam paintbrush, apply one coat Mod Podge to inside of tube; let dry.
3. Apply liquid glue to inside bottom edge of tube and pinch closed; secure with binder clip until completely dry.
4. Measure and cut Purple Glitter Crackle cardstock to fit around outside of tube. Adhere cardstock strip to tube using Mod Podge and foam paintbrush; let dry.
5. Die cut scalloped strip from Orange Glitter Crackle cardstock. Adhere strip around top of tube, approximately 1/2" from top edge, using paper glue; let dry.
6. Use clear adhesive lines to adhere black lace around top of tube; trim excess. Cut and adhere short length of lace to bottom left edge of tube. Using clear dots, adhere three buttons and three Mini Dew Drops over lace.
7. Die cut rosette from Black Classic Glitter cardstock. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble rosette using paper glue; let dry. Adhere rosette to tube as shown; let dry.
8. Punch seal from polka-dot paper; adhere to rosette. Detail cut pumpkin from vintage image book; adhere to seal. Let dry.
9. Print "trick or treat" wording onto printer paper; detail cut words into strips and adhere to seal. Let dry.
10. Cut 8" length of specialty fiber; use clear dots to secure ends inside top of tube on opposite sides for hanger.
11. Fill favor with tissue paper and candy.
1. Recreate this same design for winter holidays using appropriate papers, colors, and snowflake embellishments.