Easter Joy Card
Shimmering, iridescent paints transform marker work into a masterpiece! Create the sparkling scroll border, a perfect accent to the main image, using watermark ink, embossing powder, and micro-fine glitter.
Easter Joy Card
Closeup View of Flowers
- Cardstock: Wausau White; Bazzill Basics Lily Pond, African Daisy, Sun Coral
- Making Memories Gold brads, four
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Swirl Border (1969D); Tulip Cluster (3589K); Easter Joy (3622D)
- Tombow Markers (Tombow Pen & Pencil): Dark Ochre (027); Light Olive (126); Dark Jade (177); Persimmon (835); Chrome Yellow (985)
- Stamp positioner
- Small spritz bottle filled with water
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
- Judi-Kins Embossing Powders: Gold; Sticky Stuff
- LuminArte, Inc. Twinkling H2Os Paints: Iridescent Gold; Iridescent Green
- Ranger Stickles Crystal Glitter Glue
- Green micro-fine glitter
- 3M Scotch Brand Foam Mounting Tape
- heat tool, large fluffy brush
- 1. Make Lily Pond side-fold card base.
- 2. Using stamp positioner and watermark ink, stamp scroll border along left edge of card, one impression at a time. After each impression, sprinkle wet ink with Sticky Stuff embossing powder and tap off excess. Heat powder just until it begins to melt; overheating will prevent glitter from sticking. Sprinkle glitter over sticky powder; remove excess with large, fluffy brush. Continue until border is complete.
- 3. Ink tulip image with markers, using photo as guide and coloring directly on rubber. Blend darker colors into lighter areas. Mist stamp with fine spray of water and stamp onto White cardstock; let dry. Trim to 2-1/2"x4-1/2".
- 4. Paint over tulips with Iridescent Gold paint and leaves with Iridescent Green; let dry. Mat image on Sun Coral and African Daisy cardstock. Insert brads at each corner. Designer Tip: Tap brad arms lightly with hammer to create completely flush surface. Adhere image to card.
- 5. Use watermark ink to stamp sentiment on White cardstock; sprinkle wet ink with gold embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set until raised and shiny. Trim to 1"x1-7/8". Mat on African Daisy and Sun Coral cardstock. Adhere sentiment to card front with foam tape.
- 6. Apply glitter glue around perimeter of both white cardstock pieces; let dry.